Error 0xc0000022 when launching Stronghold Crusader on Windows 10
Luckily, error 0xc0000022 is one of the few that has a clear origin and exact solution. At least that’s what the Stronghold Crusader game is about. She always just tells the player in such a cryptic way that they have Direct Play disabled. The specified tool is required to run the application, so you need to activate it.
The application failed to start correctly (0xc0000022). Click “OK” to close.
Solution to error 0xc0000022
A few more words about why the error appears. The thing is that the DirectPlay tool is outdated, so it is disabled by default on most operating systems. Simply put, the game is from 2002 and requires the use of now outdated software.
What should be done:
- Open the “Control Panel” tab using Start.
- We go to the “Programs and Features” section.
- In the menu on the left, click on Turn Windows features on or off.
- Expand the “Legacy Components” list.
- Activate DirectPlay and click OK.
- After changing the setting, you need to reboot the system.
In almost 100% of cases, error 0xc0000022 is fixed with such a simple action. It is applicable to Windows 10, as in older versions this tool is usually not disabled, which means that the failure does not even appear.