How to delete or deactivate a WhatsApp account
The process of deleting a WhatsApp account is not difficult. Read this guide for complete information on how to deactivate your WhatsApp account.
WhatsApp is the most popular messaging platform in the world (2.5 billion users). The messenger is easy to adapt and easy to use. But what if you no longer want to use WhatsApp?
Actually, the process of deleting a WhatsApp account is not difficult. Please read this guide for complete information on how to deactivate your WhatsApp account.
- To delete an account in the WhatsApp app, go to Settings > Account > Delete account .
- The account is permanently deleted and cannot be restored.
- The process of deleting all account data can take up to 90 days.
What happens when you delete your WhatsApp account
Deleting a WhatsApp account is an irreversible action. This means that you will not be able to recover your account after deletion and you will have to register as a new user. Before deleting your WhatsApp account, you need to remember the following:
- Deleting an account will delete your chat history.
- You will be removed from any active WhatsApp groups.
- WhatsApp will also delete your WhatsApp backup on Google Drive.
- Once you click DELETE ACCOUNT , you will no longer be able to regain access to your WhatsApp account.
How to delete whatsapp account on your phone
To delete a WhatsApp account, you need to use a mobile application, this option is not available in the PC version. The process for deleting an account on iPhone and Android devices is almost the same. You need to do the following:
- Open the WhatsApp app, tap on the three dots menu in the top right corner and then select the Settings option .
- Select the Account section and then the Delete account option .
- Enter your mobile phone number, including the country code, and then click the REMOVE ACCOUNT button .
All is ready! After completing these steps, your WhatsApp account will be deleted. This action does not affect the Facebook* and Instagram* accounts in any way.
How long does it take to delete information
Although you will immediately lose access to your account, your information may be retained for 90 days. Even after 90 days, copies of this data may remain in Backup.
If you have any questions, you can ask them in the comments below.