ImBatch is a free graphical batch processing program for Windows operating system. Mass image processing allows you to apply the same changes to a large number of graphic files at once in a created task.
Not always users need photos or other types of images in their original size or with certain properties. It often makes sense to bring all the images stored in a certain folder to the same characteristics.
It is most convenient to do this in batch mode, working with an array of images, rather than changing each photo in turn. Appropriate software is required to solve this problem.
The ImBatch program, as the name of the application implies, specializes in batch processing of images according to specified parameters. The photo editor will help you perform various actions: flip, resize, crop edges, mark with a watermark, round the corners of images, add or remove EXIF / IPTC tags, select the desired output file format, and apply other effects.
Features of the ImBatch program
The main feature of ImBatch is the compilation of tasks in the image processing queue. In the program window, the user can set many actions in the desired order, and all of them will be applied to the specified images when the task is completed.
The ImBatch program has the ability to perform a huge number of tasks, here are just a few of them:
- Convert files to another format.
- Resizing images.
- Rotate images by a specified angle.
- Adding a soft shadow to an image.
- Flip vertically or horizontally the current image.
- Rounding the edges of photos.
- Change the number of colors in an image.
- Adding shades of gray.
- Install or remove EXIF/IPTC tags.
- Editing the date and time the photo was taken.
- Saving images in PDF format.
- Adding a watermark.
- Change hue, saturation, and brightness settings.
- Color balance adjustment.
- Adding 3D mode to images.
- Motion blur effect.
- Adding stamps and frames.
- Renaming images.
- Save multiple images into one animated GIF.
In total, the ImBatch program supports more than 40 tools that perform batch processing of multiple images according to specified parameters. There is support for plugins that expand the capabilities of the application, you can work from the command line
The program supports a large number of formats:
- JPEG, PNG, BMP, TIFF, GIF, ICO, TGA, JPEG2000, PSD, PCX, Camera RAW, PXM, WBMP, PDF, etc.
ImBatch is a free application for non-commercial personal use. This tool was created by domestic developers. The ImBatch program can be downloaded for free in Russian from the website of the application creator. To do this, visit the official ImBatch website.
The official website of the developer has two versions of the application for 32-bit or 64-bit Windows operating systems. The following operating systems are supported: Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista.
When you install the program on your computer, you can choose a typical installation or install a portable (portable) version of the application.
The ImBatch program has a simple and intuitive interface. At the top there is a toolbar with large buttons, the added images are displayed on the left, the preview area is located below them, and the task area is on the right.
Work in the ImBatch program is based on the following principle: first, tasks are added to the application, and then, based on the selected parameters, mass processing of images occurs. You can create new tasks, delete unnecessary ones, save tasks as a template for later use.
Let’s look at an example of how to use ImBatch to batch process image files.
Batch resizing images in ImBatch
A popular operation is changing the initial sizes of files, and then saving images after processing with respect to proportions. For example, we have files that have different sizes in width and height. We need to complete the task: fit them to the same width, and also add text to the images.
Go through the following sequential steps in ImBatch:
- Drag the graphic files with the mouse to the area of the program labeled “Drag Files Here”. You can upload individual images to the application or the entire folder at once using the corresponding buttons on the toolbar.
- Click on the “Add Task…” button.
- In the window that opens, select the type of task, for example, change the size, click the “OK” button.
- A new task “Resize…” will appear in the task area.
- Click on the selected operation, the name field will change color to blue, and the processing settings properties will be displayed in the right part of the program window.
In this example, I specified a fixed width in pixels, and the height of the images remained proportional. You can choose other units of measure according to your preference.
- If necessary, change the “DPI”, “Filter”, “Processing Type”.
- Next, let’s add a new task to the application – “Text Stamp”.
- Highlight this task, write the desired text in the appropriate field.
- In the tabs “Dimensions”, “Position”, “Font”, “Effects” select the appropriate settings. Of the main parameters – you will need to select the position of the stamp on the image, font, size, color.
The preview area can be separated from the interface of the main program window. After that, a preview of the selected image will open in a separate Preview window.
- Now you need to add a new “Save As…” task to save the processed files without overwriting the originals.
- Click the arrow next to the “Add Task…” button.
- In the context menu that opens, first select “Save”, and then “Save As”.
- Select the task “Save as …”, specify the folder on the computer intended for saving the processed files.
This is an important point in setting up the ImBatch program. Always select “Save as…” as the last task. In the settings, specify some other folder on the PC, and not the original one. Otherwise, the program will overwrite the original images, because of this, you may lose the necessary photos.
In the application settings, specify a different folder on your computer than the original one, so as not to look for finished files in the same place as the originals.
- To start batch processing, click on the blue button located in the upper left corner of the main window of the ImBatch program.
- The application will sequentially execute the selected tasks.
- After processing is complete, open the folder with finished photos to see the result of this operation.
ImBatch is a free, non-commercial batch image processing program for the Windows operating system. ImBatch supports a large number of graphic formats, has many built-in tools with which you can modify original photos before processing. After adding and configuring tasks, ImBatch will batch process images according to the specified parameters.