Fortnite error code 20006 appears when launching the game. This is a startup error and the executable file of the game won’t even start. The next message reads like this: “Failed to start the game. Error code: 20006 (Unable to create service (StartService error: 193)) “.
What Causes Fortnite Error Code 20006
Usually the problem is related to EasyAntiCheat, which is used in the video game. Fortnite Error Code 20006 is almost entirely related to the anti-cheat service missing from your computer. That is: if you have not been pre-checked for fraud and game hacking, Epic Games simply will not launch the title. In addition, some of your game files may be damaged or missing altogether, which also negatively affects the launch of Fortnite. To resolve this failure, users are advised to follow the specified methods.
Repair EasyAntiCheat Service
The anti-cheat service is used to identify scammers and hackers. It actively scans your setup for anything that could give the player an unfair advantage over opponents. However, sometimes this service crashes, so you might need to fix it yourself to get rid of Fortnite error code 20006.
- Open the folder where the game is installed. By default (if you haven’t changed the settings), the path is as follows:
- Then go to the section where EAC is hosted. You need an internal folder: If you are using a 32-bit OS, Win32 is written instead of Win64.
- Find “EasyAntiCheat_Setup.exe” in the root folder. Then right-click on the shortcut and open this file on behalf of the administrator.
- After this application opens, look for the “Fortnite” video game on the line.
- Just below, click “Repair Service”. After a few seconds, the “Installed Successfully” notification should appear.
Now close windows – try running the application.
Checking the integrity of game files
In many cases, when Fortnite Launcher Error 20006: Create StartService Failed: 193 appears, the reason is game file failures. To fix this, you need to go through the following path:
- Run Epic Games Store as an administrator. RMB, select the appropriate item:
- To the right of the “Run” button in the client, click on the gear, where you need to go to the Fortnight section.
- In the window that opens, click on “Check”.
Analysis of game files takes about 15 minutes. Therefore, be sure to wait until the procedure is complete and do nothing. When finished, launch Fortnite.
Reinstalling the EAC driver
Drivers quite often cause numerous crashes in games and various applications. Error 20006 in Fortnite is no exception. To solve the problem, you need to carry out the following sequence of actions:
- Make sure that you have enabled the display of all hidden files on your operating system. To check Windows 10: select at the top of absolutely any tab “View”, then the section “Options”.
- A window will appear in which you need to go to the “View” tab. Further “Additional parameters”. If there is a check mark on “Hide protected …”, then it must be unchecked. And in “Show hidden …” put on the contrary. Then “OK” / “Apply”.
- Open My Computer Drive C: WindowsSystem32. Find the file called “EasyAntiCheat.sys” that you want to rename, move, delete. The bottom line is that the file of the same name should not be found in this folder.
- When launching Fortnite, if there are no important files or drivers, the client will find them on its own, download them from official sources.
Important: for each of the methods, at the end you need to log out of the game profile, and then log in again. For reliability, it is also recommended to restart your computer.
EasyAntiCheat Service Activation
If an error occurs: Fortnite Launcher Error 20006: Create StartService Failed: 193 – then the anti-cheat service required for stable operation on your system is most likely disabled. Changing the startup status may help resolve the issue. You can enable EasyAntiCheat in the following way:
- Press CTRL + SHIFT + ESC to open the Task Manager.
- Go to the Services tab and right click anywhere.
- Click the “Open Services” option.
- In the new Services window, you need to find EasyAntiCheat.
- Right click on “EasyAntiCheat” and select “Properties”
- In the middle of the General tab, you should see Startup Type. If the box next to it says Disabled, click that box to open the drop-down menu and change it to Automatic (Delayed Start).
- In the lower right corner, you will see a box that says Apply. Click on it for the settings to take effect.
You need to go into the registry and put quotes around the imagepath. Many users have fixed error 20006 in this way.
- Press Windows Key + R, which should open Run.
- From there, enter “regedit”. Click OK (or Enter).
- In the registry editor that opens, go to the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE SYSTEM CurrentControlSet Servic es EasyAntiCheat section.
- Click on the EasyAntiCheat card.
- Right-click ImagePath and click Modify. Then put (double quotes) around whatever is.
Close and try to launch the game.