Faced with an unpleasant problem? The Battle for Middle-earth II won’t launch on Windows 7,8,10: what to do in this case? For a start, don’t get upset. The problem is easily solved. Your favorite strategy, in which you spent many hours back in the 2000s, will work again on new PC configurations. This problem is related to the incompatibility of the old software settings of the game with the configurations of newer hardware. The reasons may be:
- Non-standard screen resolutions (the game was originally developed for newer monitors).
- New OS.
- Lack of required software (for example, drivers).
Now it is clear where the legs grow from? However, there are solutions and now we will tell you about them.
Updating drivers and other software
Before blaming the game itself, make sure that the latest driver is installed on your computer’s graphics card, download the latest version of DirectX. Note
- The problem is often solved by simply reinstalling the game. Remember, there may have been some notices or instructions during the installation. Try disabling antivirus and other programs that block new files during reinstallation. Make sure there is enough disk space for the installation.
- Try to open the game through the “Administrator” user.
- Before installing, make sure your PC meets the minimum system requirements for the game, otherwise all efforts will be in vain.
Does the game still freeze? Then let’s move on to the next step.
Game compatibility and launch
As mentioned earlier, The Battle for Middle-earth does not run on Windows 7, 8, 10 due to the fact that the game was written for older OS. In other words, the new Windows are simply incompatible with the game. What to do? Take and combine.
- Go to the game folder.
- Find the file with the extension .EXE.
- Right-click on it, go to “Properties”.
- Click the Compatibility tab.
- Set up compatibility Windows Vista Service pack 2, Windows 7.
If the game is still capricious, we carry out the last manipulation.
Launching the lords of the rings via option.ini
Still not starting the Lord of the Rings Battle for Middle-earth? The incompatibility of the game is treated by editing a specific file that you need
- If you have a widescreen monitor, you need to go to this file, find the line “Resolution”, instead of the set numbers, drive in a value corresponding to the resolution of your monitor. For example, 1920 1080.
- We transfer the file to. Game folder.
After this procedure, the game should start. Other problems:
- Unexpected program termination.
Solution Try lowering the graphics settings. Check if there is any fresh update or patch for the game. Install if possible.
- Black screen problem
Solution This is solved by the same decrease in the graphics settings. Minimize then maximize the game window. The problem has been resolved.
- Incorrect work of saves
Solution Is the save folder stored in the game folder? If not, move it there.