Recently, burning CD / DVD discs has become not quite a relevant phenomenon, because now optical discs are being replaced by other storage media. However, there are still quite a few users who have computers equipped with an optical disc drive.
Having a CD / DVD drive on a PC means not only playing the contents of discs, but also creating such media yourself, for example, burning a movie, music, video, slideshow, user data, or performing other similar operations.
To perform certain actions, you need a program for burning DVD or CD. The application burns DVD, CD or Blu-ray discs, writing to the disc a certain type of information of the user’s choice.
Burning CD / DVD / Blu-ray optical discs is performed by specialized programs. Some software is paid, while other applications are free.
This review brings together the best free DVD burning software with versatile features that allow you to perform various tasks. Paid apps have not been covered in this guide.
AnyBurn – CD/DVD burning software
AnyBurn is a free disc burning software. The application is compatible with all types of disks, supports the Russian interface language. This is a completely free product for home or commercial use.
The official website of the application has a portable (portable) version of the program that can be run from a folder from any media.
The AnyBurn program has wide functionality for working with optical storage media:
- Burn disc image files to CD/DVD/Blu-ray.
- Backup or add files and folders to CD, DVD or Blu-ray discs.
- Burn an Audio CD that can be played on a regular CD player from MP3, M4A, APE, FLAC, WMA, etc. files.
- Copy Audio CD to MP3, FLAC, APE, WMA, WAV files.
- Burning user data to optical discs.
- Erase a rewritable disc.
- Convert disk image files between different formats.
- Copying a disk to an image file.
- Create a disk image file from files and folders.
- Changing the contents of the image file.
- Create a bootable USB flash drive for Windows 7, 8, 10 or Linux.
AnyBurn program runs on operating systems: Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows 2003, Windows XP, Windows 2000.
Ashampoo Burning Studio FREE – burn discs on PC
Ashampoo Burning Studio FREE is a free version of the commercial application of the same name. The program works in Russian in Windows 10 Windows 8.1, Windows 8, Windows 7 operating systems.
This is a fairly powerful application for working with optical discs. The application performs various operations: writing data, copying and recording video, working with audio formats, backup with password protection, creating or burning ISO images.
Ashampoo Burning Studio FREE has the following features:
- Burning data to CD/DVD/Blu-ray discs, including rewritable (RW).
- Extracting tracks from audio discs (ripping), with support for MP3, WMA, WAV formats.
- The program has a built-in sound normalization function.
- Creation of Audio CD discs.
- Create music MP3 or WMA discs.
- Backing up data to disks.
- Create DVD-video, Video CD, Super Video CD discs.
- Copying discs.
- Burning disk images, creating a disk image, creating a disk image from files in ISO, CUE / BIN, ASHDISC formats.
- Removing information from rewritable discs.
Ashampoo Burning Studio 6 Free – The easy way to burn discs
Perhaps it is worth mentioning in this article about the Ashampoo Burning Studio 6 FREE program – the once famous rival of the famous flagships: Nero 6 or Nero 7 programs.
The program is officially supported in operating systems Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP. Users of a modern OS should not be upset, the application works on Windows 10.
Advantages of Ashampoo Burning Studio 6 Free :
- Simple and clear interface.
- Working with CD/DVD/Blu-ray discs.
- Burning data discs.
- Create and burn audio CDs from WAV, MP3, FLAC, WMA and Ogg Vorbis.
- Burn DVD-video, Video CD (VCD), Super Video CD (SVCD).
- Copying CD/DVD/Blu-ray discs.
- Creation and recording of images.
- Erasing rewritable discs.
BurnAware Free – free disc burning
BurnAware Free is a free program for burning discs of any type on a computer, created on the basis of a paid product of the same name. BurnAware Free works with data, multimedia, images, supports modern hardware interfaces, has a simple and intuitive interface.
BurnAware Free features :
- Burning a data disc.
- Burning a boot disk.
- Burn audio discs – Audio CD and MP3 discs.
- DVD video recording.
- Recording BDMV/AVCHD formats.
- Burning, copying, creating ISO-images.
- Create bootable ISO images.
- The application has built-in utilities for cleaning the disk, getting information about the disk, and checking the disk.
CDBurnerXP – Free Optical Disc Burner
CDBurnerXP is a free CD, DVD, HD-DVD and Blu-ray disc burning software. The application has a multilingual interface, operating systems are supported Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP, Windows 2000.
The CDBurnerXP program has the following functionality:
- Support burning CD, DVD, HD-DVD and Blu-ray discs.
- Create ISO images.
- Burning data discs.
- Recording MP3 discs.
- Record video DVD.
- Audio CD recording.
- Create and burn ISO disk images.
- Convert CUE/BIN and NRG formats to ISO format.
- Create boot disks.
- Copy audio CDs and data CDs.
- Checking data after recording.
- Delete content from a rewritable disc.
ImgBurn – free burning discs and images
ImgBurn is a free disc imaging application that supports burning CD/DVD/Blu-ray discs. The program supports operating systems: Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows 2003, Windows XP, Windows 2000, Windows NT4, Windows Me, Windows 98, Windows 95.
The Russian language must be installed separately by downloading the language file from the application developer’s website.
Features of the ImgBurn program :
- Write files and folders.
- Create disc images without writing to optical media.
- Burning disk images.
- Create images from files and folders.
- Checking the disk image.
- Reading and writing audio and video files.
- Support for a large number of disk image file formats.
InfraRecorder – easy DVD or CD burning
InfraRecorder is a free application for burning CDs and DVDs. The program is a graphical shell of console utilities.
The InfraRecorder program supports the Russian language, the application runs on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP, Windows 2000 operating systems.
From the official website, you can download the regular or portable version of the program for 64-bit and 32-bit systems.
The InfraRecorder program has the following features:
- Support for writing data to CDs and DVDs.
- Recording of Audio CDs and DVD-videos.
- Create a disk image.
- Burning a disk image.
- Copying disks, including cloning.
- Support for multisession and rewritable discs.
- Checking the burned disc for errors.
Small CD-Writer – utility for burning CDs and DVDs
Small CD-Writer is a free utility for burning CDs, DVDs. This tiny application does not need to be installed on your computer, the program is launched from a folder from any convenient place.
The Small CD-Writer interface works in Russian. Despite the end of developer support for the application in 2010, the program continues to function in modern versions of Windows.
Main features of Small CD-Writer :
- Simple interface.
- Burning CDs and DVDs.
- Create boot disks.
- Support for multisession discs.
- Burn ISO images.
- Extracting files from an image.
- Create an ISO image (less than 2 GB in size) from an existing disc.
- Convenient disk project management.
Many computers have disk drives – drives for optical discs. With their help, users can burn CD/DVD/Blu-ray discs on their PC. To burn discs, you need a program that solves these problems. Some of these programs are paid software. To burn optical discs on a computer, the user can use the free applications mentioned in this article.