The PS5 DNS Error is a causal issue for those who operate this device. Usually, this error happens at the time of downloading. Surprisingly, you can remove PS5 errors quickly and without any hustle.
DNS stands for Domain Name System, and most of the time, restarting the device will fix the issue. But still, you have to check other specific areas for smooth performance. In this article, you will explore the different solutions for DNS Error PS5.
Key Points about PS5 DNS Error
What is the Best DNS server?
If your service provider gives you access to the default DNS server, then it’s the best option to use it. Because Google DNS provides fast and smooth services, it is a secure system.
Meanwhile, there are so many DNS servers available. Among those, Cloudflare, OpenDNS, and Google DNS are the best choices.
PS5 DNS Error Solutions:
Although Sony has provided such a fantastic setup, it can still not remove PS5 Error bug issues. Meanwhile, don’t panic. Because you can fix this error with simple solutions. The most uncomplicated and quick solutions to improve the PS5 DNS Error are below.
Simplest Solution to fix PS5 DNS Error:
- Sometimes, you only need to restart your device, and the error will disappear. This one is the simplest and easiest Solution. Sometimes, the cause is a glitch or temporary cache. Therefore, restarting the device will fix this error as it fixes the PS5 WS-116449-5 Error.
- Another solution is to turn off your router for at least 30 seconds. And during this period, don’t turn on the device. Also, if you are using an ethernet cable to connect the internet with PS5, check whether the line is performing well. The cable could also get damaged or broken on any side. Therefore, changing the cable works for this error.
- You are supposed to ensure that the PS5 server performs well. Sometimes, this error occurs due to server maintenance issues like PS5 ce-107880-4 Error.
Test Internet Connection:
A smooth and robust internet connection is mandatory. You must check your computer or device’s internet to see whether it performs well. If you find a disturbed internet connection, then fix your internet first. The following are the steps to take to check whether the internet connection performs well.
- Through the PS5 home screen, Click on settings.
- Then, Go to Network.
- Now, click on “Test Internet Connection.”
Through this process, you can get your internet connection stability details.
Check PS5 Updates:
The outdated software is also the cause of the PS5 DNS error. Therefore, always ensure the system has been updated with the latest updates. Follow the following steps to check whether your device is updated or not.
- First, Go to settings and select “System“.
- Click on System software.
- Now, tap on System Software Update and Settings.
- At this point, if you find the “System Update” option on your screen, then there is a need for an update.
- Click on update to update.
Technical Solution of PS5 DNS Error:
|Change the Primary DNS to Secondary DNS
If all the given solutions cannot remove the PS5 DNS error, then go to some slightly technical solutions. The key is shown below.
First, change the primary DNS to secondary DNS from 126.96.36.199 to 188.8.131.52.
For this step, you have to follow the following address.
Ps5 home screen > setting > network > setting > set up internet connection > setup manually
Use Wi-Fi or LAN cable (depending on your preferences) > select the DNS.
And here you go. You can easily find the secondary DNS option by following the above address.
Note that Google provides these DNS servers.
|Alert: Perform this action mindfully.
Another option to solve the PS5 errors is a factory reset. Keep in mind that this option gives drastic results. The factory reset option is recommended by PlayStation customer service. Go through the PS5 safe mode and do a factory reset.
But note that you only go to this option while you failed to solve the error by applying the above options. Also, Consider this option as a warning as well.
Follow the following steps to factory data reset.
- First, click on the settings.
- Select “system” and click on “system software“.
- Now, Click the “Reset option” and “Reset the console.”
- Select full and reset to confirm that you want to rest the device.
What is a PS5 DNS Error?
The DNS stands for Domain Stand System, and the error occurs due to the console’s inability to connect to the internet or a server maintenance issue.
How do I Fix the PS5 Errors?
Fixing PS5 DNS errors is relatively easy. First, restart your device and check your internet connection since it reuters a smooth and fast internet connection. After that, turn off the router for at least 30 seconds. If it still doesn’t fix, change the DNA setting from primary to secondary.
What are the reasons for PS5 DNS Error?
The primary reason for DNS Error PS5 is the internet connection or DNS setting. Sometimes, maintenance issues also cause errors.
Does the bad internet connection cause the PS5 DNS Error?
Yes, because PS5 runs only a fast and smooth internet connection. If your internet connection is unstable and does not work correctly, then the PS5 DNS system won’t respond timely, resulting in a DNS error.
The “font-weight: 400;”>PS5 DNS error occurs due to internet issues or server maintenance. Therefore, Restarting your device is the simplest Solution for the PS5 Error. If it doesn’t work, don’t panic. Follow the steps given individually, and you will fix the PS5 DNS Error.