How to transfer WhatsApp from Android to iPhone? Easy ways to transfer WhatsApp chats, files and contacts from Android to iPhone.
Users who have changed their mobile device often wonder how to transfer WhatsApp to a new phone without losing important correspondence. We will talk about three working methods: transferring data through the iCareFone program, using backup, and using Google Drive.
How to Transfer WhatsApp from Android to iPhone with iCareFone?
iCareFone is the fastest way to fully transfer WhatsApp data from one phone to another. At the same time, different operating systems will not be a hindrance: the program will send files and chats from Android phone to iPhone in a few clicks. Detailed instructions on how to transfer WhatsApp chats via iCareFone are described below.
Before starting the transfer, the user must:
- Download iCareFone to transfer WhatsApp from Android to iPhone.
- Make sure that WhatsApp is installed on two mobile devices.
Next, you need to do small preparatory steps on both smartphones. On Android, the user needs:
- Switch to developer mode. To do this, you need to find the “About phone” section, open it and click on the build number 8 times. The screen will display “You are now a developer”.
- Find the “For Developers” section, which will appear in the phone settings. You can do this yourself or using the search bar.
- In the section, find the item “Debugging via USB” and activate the slider next to it.
To start transferring data to iPhone, you need to follow these steps:
- Go to your iCloud account.
- Select “Locator”.
- Opposite the line “Find iPhone” deactivate the slider. The user will be asked to enter a password and then confirm to disable this feature.
Then you can start transferring WhatsApp data from one phone to another. For this you need:
- Install the iCareFone app on your computer. Select the “Install this driver software anyway” action.
- Open the program and select the first section called “WhatsApp”.
- Connect Android to PC via USB cable.
- Select “File Transfer” on your phone.
- Give permission for USB debugging.
- Connect iPhone to PC via USB cable.
- Select the “Trust” action on the phone.
This completes the connection of two devices to iCareFone. When the program detects both phones, you must click on the “Transfer” button and select the “Continue” action. Next, the user will need to create a backup of chats on Android. For this you need:
- Open WhatsApp app.
- Go to settings.
- Select the “Chats” section.
- Click on “Chat Backup”.
- Select the “Backup” action and wait for it to complete.
After that, in the program, you need to click “Continue” and follow the remaining steps:
- Enter the phone number associated with WhatsApp.
- Disable the 2-Step Verification feature in WhatsApp if it is enabled. If not, then click “Continue”.
- Enter the code from SMS into the program on the PC and click “Check”.
- Sign in to WhatsApp on iPhone and choose an action in the Already Signed In app.
- Wait for the iPhone to restart.
This completes the transfer of data from Android to iPhone using the iCareFone program. All files, chats and contacts will be on the second phone.
How to transfer WhatsApp chats to another phone using chat backup?
To use a backup, you need to perform two steps: create a copy and transfer it to a second phone. To back up WhatsApp, you need to:
- Open WhatsApp messenger.
- Click on the ellipsis in the corner of the screen and select “Settings”.
- Open the “Chats” section.
- In the “Backup of chats” item, select the “Backup” action and wait until it completes.
Your phone now has a local WhatsApp backup stored on your phone’s internal storage. In order for the second phone to recognize it, you need to transfer it using a PC or place it on a microSD card, which then needs to be inserted into another mobile device.
Messenger backups are stored in the phone’s memory at WhatsApp/Databases. You need to select the latest file and transfer it to the new phone. The user is then left with:
- Install the messenger on the second mobile device.
- Sign in to your account using your phone number.
- Click on the “Restore” action when it appears.
How to transfer WhatsApp to another phone using Google Drive?
Backups stored in Google Drive do not need to be manually found. In order to transfer WhatsApp chats, just follow these steps:
- Open WhatsApp settings.
- Go to the “Chats” section.
- Select “Chat Backup”.
- In the “Google Drive Settings” subsection, add your Google account and set the frequency of creating copies.
- Click on the “Backup” button.
On the second phone you need:
- Sign in with the same Google account.
- Install messenger and enter your number.
- Click on the “Restore” action when the smartphone detects the backup.
There are three different ways to transfer WhatsApp to a new phone with an old number. Chat backup and transfer using Google Drive is usually used if both devices are running Android. However, transferring WhatsApp chats from Android to iPhone is easier and faster if you use the iCareFone program. With its help, the user is guaranteed not to lose important files, correspondence and contact list from the messenger.