If you want to know how to format a mobile or a cell phone , you are in the right place, since we will show you how to do a hard reset to your cell phone so that it remains as factory.
So stick around and we’ll show you how to format your phone and make it like new.
What should I know before formatting a mobile?
The main thing before formatting a mobile is to know the reason why you want to reset it, and that is that many times our mobile is slow or the battery discharges very quickly.
This can be due to many applications on the device, viruses that are downloaded to the mobile, because we have many unnecessary files, because the battery discharges very quickly, because you want to delete all the information that you no longer need, etc.
So, if you already know why you want to format your cell phone, you have to do the following:
Make a Backup Before Formatting the Mobile
Before resetting the mobile, you must make a backup, because when you delete all the data from the mobile, there will be no app that you have installed, nor your photos, videos, documents and any other important data that you have on the mobile.
But if you make a backup, when you format it there will be nothing left, but the backup you made will save all your data so that you can recover it, so you can have all your files.
Charge the Mobile Battery Before Resetting
Many people have the problem of formatting their cell phone without looking at the current battery charge and this is a very common problem, but also a serious problem, since you can completely ruin your device if you do not take the necessary care.
It is recommended that the battery has at least 60% charge, but you can also format a smartphone while it is connected to the power . This way you can prevent the mobile from turning off or downloading while it is being formatted.
How to Format an Android Cell Phone or Mobile from Settings
There are different ways to restore a mobile, since it depends a lot on the mobile brand, although many brands use the android system, each one has its own interface and not all are formatted in the same way.
So we will explain how to format mobile phones of different brands.
How to Format a Samsung Mobile Step by Step
- Go to “Settings” .
- Go to “general administration” .
- Go to “reset” .
- Choose “Restore Defaults” .
And voila, this will take several minutes depending on the number of files you have on the device.
How to Format a Cell Phone Turned Off or Locked in Recovery Mode
This procedure is especially for those people who forgot their password and cannot access the mobile or the phone has a problem that does not allow them to turn it on correctly. To factory reset your samsung do the following steps:
- Turn off your mobile device .
- Press the volume up button, bixby button and power button at the same time , release the buttons when you see the samsung logo.
- You will get a screen where you will see several options and to select, you must move with the volume up and down buttons, with the volume down button, scroll down to where it says “wipe data/Factory reset” , to select press the power button.
- Select where it says “yes” .
- Wait until the mobile is finished formatting and finally click on Restart phone.
In this way, all the files on your cell phone and all the installed applications will be lost. Therefore, we recommend that you back up your files at least twice a month.
How to Format a Huawei Mobile
- Go to “phone settings” .
- Go to “Personal” .
- Click on “Reset” .
- Select “Reset device”.
It will take a few minutes and your phone will be factory restored.
How to Reset a Turned Off or Locked Huawei Mobile
In case your Huawei cell phone does not turn on or you cannot access it because you do not remember the password, follow the instructions below:
- Turn off the Huawei device.
- Press the power button and volume up button at the same time, when the Huawei logo appears, release the power button, but keep holding the volume up button. Until a screen appears, where it will tell you if you want to restore the factory device.
- Click on “wipe data/factory reset” .
- Type the word “yes” to be able to continue.
- Click on “Restore factory settings” .
- Wait until it reaches 100% .
- Finally click on “Reset Phone” .
The device will turn on normally, enter your google account, but remember that all the files you had on the mobile will have been deleted. So remember to create backups at least 2 times a month. To prevent all your files from being lost.
How to Reset an LG Cell Phone
- Go to «Settings » .
- Go to «General » .
- Click on “Backup and Restore” .
- Select on “Factory Restore” .
This may take several minutes, but your phone will be as good as new.
How to Format an Iphone Mobile (IOS)
- Go to “Settings” .
- Go to «General» .
- Click on “Reset” .
- Select “Erase Content and Settings” .
- And finally in «Delete Iphone».
How to Reset a Powered off iPhone (DFU or Recovery Mode)
Follow the steps that we show you below, if you want to factory restore an iPhone mobile.
Remember to make a backup so that your files are not lost.
How to Format a Mobile from PC or Computer
To format a cell phone with the computer we need a program to do it, there are different programs to reset a cell phone, but we will show you the one that for us is the best and easiest to use, so you can restore your mobile and leave it like new.
Universal ADB Helper » To Reset a Mobile on PC
This program is very simple to use, you just have to follow the following steps and that’s it, you can now format your cell phone.
Download and install the program on the computer, connect the powered on mobile to the computer.
Open the program and once it recognizes the mobile, select the option: “Factory Reset via Fastboot” and that’s it.
Now you know how to reset a factory cell phone.