In some cases, the user needs an FB2 to TXT converter to convert an e-book from one format to another. This means that you needed to translate the contents of the e-book into plain text.
A large number of electronic libraries store information in the FB2 (FictionBook) format. E-books of this format are an XML document that is compatible with any device: computers, tablets, smartphones.
In the FB2 format, in addition to the text, the structure of the document is displayed, it includes a table of contents, footnotes, citations, illustrations and a cover. Files of this format have the file name extension “*fb2”.
To read e-books in FB2 format on a computer in Windows, you need a specialized program installed on the device that supports this file format.
By default, the text format (.txt) is opened in the Windows operating system using the Notepad program. Files with the extension “.txt” open without problems in other text editors, which makes it easier to access the contents of the file.
To convert an e-book to another format, you need to convert FB2 to TXT (FB2 to TXT). To do this, you can use applications installed on your computer or online services on the Internet.
In this article, we will consider free programs for converting FB2 to TXT that work on the Windows operating system in Russian. Using this free software, you can convert an e-book from FB2 format to TXT text format.
Most of the programs in this guide support the batch file conversion feature. Hence, you can quickly convert multiple FB2 eBooks to TXT format at the same time.
Many applications also support other file formats: EPUB, MOBI, PDF, RTF, DOC, DOCX, HTML, PDB, LIT, AZW3 and others. Some programs support device-specific formats, such as Apple, Sony, Amazon, and so on.
In addition to converting, some applications can read original FB2 e-books. Some of these converters have other additional tools: e-book editor, e-book metadata editor, e-book organizer, e-book downloader, and the like.
Caliber is a free program for organizing, storing and cataloging books on your computer. The application is open source and can run on Windows, macOS and Linux operating systems.
The program has a large number of different tools for managing the library of e-books. Caliber supports a large number of text file formats.
The main features of the Caliber program:
- Read books in FB2 format or any other e-book using the viewer.
- Batch convert multiple files at once.
- Input and output of a large number of formats: EPUB, AZW3, PDF, PDB, RTF, DOCX, LIT and others.
- Editing of e-books in EPUB and AZW3 formats.
- Bulk editing of e-book metadata.
- Search and download books into the program from various e-book repositories on the Internet.
To convert FB2 to TXT using Caliber, follow these steps:
- Import an FB2 eBook into the app using the Add Books button.
- Select one or more FB2 e-books you want to convert.
- Click the “Convert Books” button.
- In the Convert window, select TXT in the Output Format field.
The application allows you to customize some output options, including style, book cover, fonts, page setup, layout, table of contents, and so on.
- Click “OK” button to start converting FB2 to TXT.
- After processing is completed, in the main window of Caliber, in the right column with information about the book, right-click on the TXT format.
- Select “Save TXT format to disk” from the context menu.
- Select a folder to save the file.
On a computer, a text file in TXT format can be opened using Notepad.
Hamster Free eBook Converter
By the name of the Hamster Free eBook Converter program, you can understand that this application is a free e-book converter. Among other formats, the application allows you to convert FB2 to TXT.
The program can convert several FB2 e-books to TXT files at the same time. You can convert FB2 to many other formats including TXTZ, EPUB, PDF, PRC, MOBI, LIT, LRF, PDB and more.
Hamster Ebook Converter also supports device-specific formats to be compatible with certain devices: Amazon Kindle, Apple iPad, Sony PRS-300 and so on.
Converting e-books to Hamster Book Converter proceeds in the following order:
- Click the Add Files button to add FB2 e-books to the program.
- Then click the “Next” button.
- In the next window, scroll down with the mouse wheel to the “Formats and Platforms” section to select the “TXT” format from the available output formats.
- After that, you can start converting FB2 to TXT by clicking on the “Convert” button.
- Choose a save location for the finished file.
Soft4Boost Document Converter
Soft4Boost Soft4Boost Document Converter is a free program for converting electronic documents in the Windows operating system. The document converter supports several popular e-book formats: FB2, EPUB, MOBI, DOC, DOCX, RTF and so on.
Features of Soft4Boost Document Converter:
- Converting electronic documents into text and graphic formats.
- Batch file conversion.
- Ability to view e-books in original formats.
- Extracting images from input documents.
Converting FB2 to TXT in Soft4Boost Document Converter:
- First, add an FB2 e-book file to the application using the “Add Files” button.
- In the Output Format panel, select the value for the output format, To FB2.
- In the Output Folder field, specify the location of the output folder.
- Then click the “Start!” button to start the FB2 to TXT conversion process.
- In the message window, click on the “Open Folder” button to immediately access the text file.
ICE Book Reader Professional
ICE Book Reader Professional is a program for reading e-books in various formats. The application has a built-in converter that allows you to save original electronic documents in TXT format. The program is free for citizens of the countries of the former USSR.
Other additional features of ICE Book Reader Pro:
- Support for popular formats.
- Reading books from archives.
- Editing source documents.
- Reading aloud function.
- Creation of audio books.
- Saving books in graphic formats JPG and BMP.
Follow a few steps in ICE Book Reader Professional:
- In the program menu, click on the “Library” button (folder image).
- Select a book in the window that opens.
- Click on the “Export” menu, select “Export books” in the context menu.
- In the settings window, in the “File format” section, select – “TXT”
- Click on the “Export” button.
- Specify the folder to save the TXT file.
TEBookConverter is a batch e-book converter that allows you to convert e-books in various formats. With it, you can convert several FB2 e-books to TXT at once.
In addition to TXT, the program can convert FB2 to PDF, EPUB, TCR, AZW3, LRF, MOBI and some other e-book formats. You can also use this converter to make your e-books compatible with certain devices, including smartphones, tablets, or e-book readers (e-book readers).
The TEBookConverter program uses tools from the Caliber program.
Let’s take a look at the process of converting FB2 to TXT in TEBookConverter:
- Click on the “Add” button to open one or more e-books in this converter.
- In the “Format” option, select – “TXT” from the available output formats.
- After that, set a suitable “Output Directory” to save the final result.
- Click the “Convert” button to start converting.
- Click on the “Open” button for quick access to the finished file.
Some users are interested in the question of how to convert FB2 to TXT. You need to convert FB2 to TXT in order to convert the e-book into a text file format, which does not require specialized software to open. You can use the services of programs – converters of electronic documents that perform the work of converting files from one format to another.