Don’t know how to block SMS messages on your mobile phone? Next, we will show you the steps to do it, whether you have an Android smartphone or an iPhone , since you can block them on both devices.
It is quite possible that at some point you need to do these steps, either because they constantly bother you with advertising from a number of companies, or because you simply do not want to receive SMS messages from certain people.
You should know that the fact of blocking SMS messages means that you also block incoming calls from those numbers from which you have decided not to receive SMS, so it is something that you should take into account if you are going to make this decision.
Block SMS on Android with the “Phone” or “Contacts” app
If you have an Android phone , you won’t have to worry about installing third-party apps from Google Play, the “Telephone” application that comes with many terminals with this operating system will serve us precisely for this task.
This app is present, for example, in Android 8.0 Oreo , which is the system we are going to work on, so the following steps may vary if you have a Samsung, LG or other smartphone. To block SMS messages on Android do the following:
- Open the “Phone” app and in the search engine at the top, click on the button with the three dots, then select the ” Settings ” option from the menu that opens.
- Enter where it says “ Blocked numbers ” and press where it says “ add a number ”. If you look closely, a small description appears above that reveals that, when adding a phone on that screen, what the user will do is block SMS and also calls .
Keep in mind that this option is to add numbers that, for example, you do not have saved on your phone, because you have to write down the number manually and it does not give you the option to choose from your contact list if the one you want to block SMS from is in your schedule.
The easiest way to block SMS messages from contacts that you already have in your mobile address book is to enter the “Contacts” app , search for the specific person, enter their card and click on the button at the top in the form of three points, clicking there on the option “ block numbers ”.
By clicking on the “block” option, you will stop receiving SMS messages and calls from that person, who will also be marked as spam on your Android phone . This action can be undone in the future if you later want to receive calls or SMS from anyone.
Block SMS messages on iPhone
If you have an iPhone , you shouldn’t install anything to block SMS messages either because you can do it natively through the apps or settings that already come with the phone. Specifically, there are also two ways to do it, the first is the following:
- Access the “Messages” app on the iPhone and look for the SMS of that contact that you want to block from receiving more messages.
- Open the message, click on the profile icon at the top and then click on “ information ”. Once inside, click on the arrow that appears just to the right of the phone icon and click on “ block this contact ”. Accept the confirmation and you’re done.
There is another way just as simple, which can be even faster than the previous one, to block SMS messages from certain people through the iOS settings, follow these steps:
- Open the “ Settings ” app and enter “ Messages ”. Access the “ blocked contacts ” option and there you can directly add those contacts from your phonebook from which you do not want to receive SMS messages, remember that they will not be able to call you either.
In case you have an Android phone, you can use external apps that you can find on Google Play to block SMS messages if you do not want to use the one that we have indicated.
TrueCaller is a popular app that will help you identify unknown calls and SMS messages, block spam, record calls, and much more. It has a premium option, but the free version is more than enough.
- Download True Caller for Android
With Calls Blacklist you can block calls from unwanted, private or hidden, anonymous and even unknown numbers, in addition to the respective SMS messages. Among other options, such as blocking calls on a schedule or blocking everything, you can also create blacklists , which act differently and are not the same as blocking calls.
- Download Calls Blacklist for Android
We have only shown you two apps to block SMS messages and calls on your Android phone, but the list of applications that you will find in Google Play for this type of action is quite varied and it is only a matter of trying the one that you like the most and that best suits you. works.
In any case, as you may have seen, there is no need to resort to this type of app since, in general, on Android you already have the necessary tools natively to block SMS messages that could come to you from any contact.
For the iPhone it is more of the same, it is not necessary to install anything because the iOS settings allow you to carry out this task comfortably and without difficulties. So now you know how to block SMS messages in various ways, both on Android and iOS.