What is causing this error? Error 117 is caused by corruption of Windows system files, which poses a real threat to your computer. This is due to a number of reasons:
- your computer has been damaged by a virus attack;
- adware / spyware;
- improper shutdown of the computer;
- incomplete software installation;
- improperly uninstalling applications or hardware.
All of the above reasons can lead to the deletion or damage of entries in the Windows registry. A damaged registry will result in the loss of related information and files required for the application to function properly.
Instructions for correcting error 117
We restore the registry.
- In order not to worsen the situation, try to use only proven programs. Recommended utilities for cleaning your PC – Kerish Doctor 2018 or WinThruster
- Upon completion of the download, install the downloaded utility.
- We launch. The interface is friendly and straightforward.
- Use the “full scan” option (which includes cleaning the registry), upon completion you will be pleasantly surprised – the system cleaning process will increase performance and free up space on your hard drive.
An example is a screenshot of the “doctor”. Next, we check our PC for malware.
- Use your antivirus (after updating the databases to the latest)
- If there is no such option, go to link and check your PC for vulnerabilities for free.
We roll back the system.
Note: Rollback – Undo the latest changes related to the OS. All files (music, movies, games) will remain on your hard drive.
For Windows 10:
- Click the Start button.
- Start writing the phrase “control panel” in Russian and then select it from the list of results.
- Press the drop-down list “Category” -> select “Small icons”.
- We are looking for an icon with the inscription “Recovery” -> context menu.
- Click “Start System Restore” -> “Next”.
- Select the restore point associated with the problem date and then Next -> Finish.
For Windows 7:
- Click the Start button, then select All Programs, Accessories, System Tools, and System Restore.
- In the new window, select the option “Restore your computer to a previous state” and click “Next”.
- Select the most recent system restore point from the list, click on the line and click “Next”.
- Click “Next” in the confirmation window.
Note: We are waiting for the PC to reboot = ready.
If the problem persists, contact