Features and specifications of the Annke NC400 surveillance camera.
Specifications Annke NC400
- Sensor: 2.8mm lens with 1/2.7″ CMOS sensor.
- Resolution: 4 MP, 2560 x 1440, 20 fps
- Lens viewing angle: 121° diagonal, 102° horizontal, 54° vertical.
- Protection class: IP67.
- Connection and setup: through a proprietary application for Android and iOS / through a SADP network scanner.
- Network connection: wired via Ethernet cable.
- Data storage: FTP server, phone/computer storage.
- Features: 120dB True WDR, 3D DNR, BLC and HLC image enhancement technologies; color night vision; support for ONVIF and RTSP protocols.
- Dimensions: 68.4 x 65.2 x 161.1 mm.
- Weight: 430 grams.
- Price: 80 dollars
What comes in the kit:
- Annke NC400 camera.
- A set of waterproof connectors.
- Set of screw fasteners.
- User guide.
Design and ergonomics
The device has a standard look for outdoor surveillance cameras: a rounded rectangular body made of metal and a wall mount with a ball joint.
In general, the camera is quite compact and does not attract too much attention. The camera cover is matte white.
On the sides are thin silver strips that hold the internal contents of the device. Here is the corporate logo.
The front has two sections: the lens and the spotlight, which is located below, and not around, like most cameras.
Connection and installation
The camera is installed using three screws that come with the device. The tilt angle can be adjusted independently.
At the bottom of the wall mount is a cable, which then bifurcates: for Ethernet and power cable. There is no Ethernet cable included, so you have to buy it separately.
The camera setup can be done through the NVR, if available. Otherwise, the device must be connected to your home Wi-Fi router using a cable. The user manual that comes with the kit clearly describes all the steps, including the process of downloading and installing specialized software.
The easiest way is to connect through an NVR using a network cable. The owner needs to install the proprietary Annke Vision app on the phone (available on iOS and Android). With it, you can configure alerts and notifications for the camera. To connect, you need to select “Add manually”, enter the serial number of the camera, select it in the list, add a password and create a verification code.
In the mobile application interface, you can:
- Select image quality between basic, standard and HD.
- To take a photo.
- Start recording video.
- Change image scale.
- View and receive notifications of motion sensor activation.
- View past entries.
- View previously captured moments of motion sensor activation.
- Set up DDNS and enable remote management.
- Set other settings.
Shooting and storing records
The Annke NC400 stands out from the competition with its ability to capture color in low light and at night. To do this, she uses a spotlight placed under the lens. At 0 lux, additional soft lighting automatically turns on.
During the day, the device copes well with direct sunlight, so there are no flashes and glare when shooting, and the quality does not decrease. Several image enhancement technologies are used, thanks to which the picture remains clear:
- 120dB True WDR – allows you to create images with an extremely wide dynamic range.
- 3D-DNR – used to improve night vision and prevent image distortion.
- BLC – optimizes the exposure for the background and foreground of the video.
- HLC – necessary for processing an image that is overexposed by bright light from spotlights or car headlights.
The device does not have an SD card slot, as well as the ability to use cloud storage. Recordings can be saved to your phone or computer and viewed there.
Since the camera can be used for outdoor shooting, it is weatherproof – the IP67 rating indicates that the device is protected from dust and water. The device can operate in temperature conditions from -30 to +60 degrees Celsius.
Night Chroma technology, which allows you to make high-quality color shooting at night, fully meets expectations: the picture is clear, at night objects are easily distinguished even when you zoom in.
The recording is transmitted in real time with a maximum delay of less than a second. PoE technology is supported, which allows you to power the camera and transmit data simultaneously using a single cable. The advantage is that the device can work with NVRs from other manufacturers, however, their compatibility should be checked before purchase.
The Annke NC400 is a budget outdoor camera with a good field of view, weather protection and a rugged housing. And although the device is completely wired, and there is no ability to store files in the cloud or on SD, the disadvantages are covered by the unsurpassed quality of color shooting at night, which the manufacturer emphasized.