With the increasing variety and features of mobile devices, mobile apps must function flawlessly across all devices and operating systems. It is why mobile app testing has become a crucial part of the app development process recently.
According to a study by Future Market Insights, the mobile app testing solutions market holds 45% of the total application testing market. It is because there has been an increase in the usage of different mobile phones by users for entertainment, finance, banking, E-commerce, and more.
With everything now available with a few clicks on apps, users have constantly been looking for apps that offer positive user experience, compatibility across different resolutions and screen sizes, optimized performance, and stability.
As a tester, you can achieve this with device farm testing tools that provide a complete solution for testing iOS and Android mobile apps on real devices so that you can identify bugs before app releases.
Here are some more benefits of mobile app testing on device farms that you should definitely consider:
- Provides a secure environment that can be accessed from anywhere at any time
- Allows you to run parallel tests so that you can save your time and efforts
- Get detailed analytics in the form of video recordings, graphs, and screenshots
- Makes collaboration among teams easier with seamless integration into your CI/CD pipeline
However, not all device farm testing tools suit your testing needs. You must carefully select platforms that can serve your requirements by evaluating their features and advantages. To make it easier for you, we have curated a list of the leading device farm tools at your disposal.
By the end of this blog, we are sure you will have your decision ready. So, are you ready to find the best device farm testing tool? Let’s get started.
Best Device Farms For Mobile App Testing
Take a look at our comprehensive list of the top five device farm testing tools so that you can take an informed decision about your testing needs:
TestGrid is a leading device farm trusted by large scale enterprises and SMBs of the world for their mobile app testing needs. By testing on real devices, the platform provides accurate results. You can author test cases in a codeless manner and perform end-to-end mobile app testing at scale. This allows you to enhance testing efficiency and deliver exceptional mobile applications to users.
- Automate test cases using simple keywords
- Perform geolocation testing
- Provides self-healing feature
- Identify and resolve bugs quickly
- Easy testing by instantly uploading APA/IPK files
- Scale up and down based on your requirement
- Get on-demand access to real devices on the cloud or on-premise.
- Access to gestures like scroll, swipe, and zoom like in physical devices
- Allows testing on real conditions like battery life and network strength
- Integrates seamlessly with JIRA, Jenkins, and more
TestSigma is a cloud-based device farm with no-code automation that allows testers and QA teams to run tests in parallel on real devices. You can build scalable test environments for mobile applications and run test scenarios for Android and iOS applications with ease.
- No need to set up any infrastructure
- Allows you to write tests in plain English
- Get access to reports in the form of screenshots and video recordings
- Helps you create detailed test cases for UX testing easily
- Provides data-driven testing
3. Sauce Labs
Sauce Labs is another device farm testing tool that streamlines testing from start to finish with its live and automated mobile app testing on public and private device clouds. It also provides emulators for Android and simulators for iOS that are scalable and cost-effective.
- Enables faster debugging with error monitoring and reporting
- Allows you to access the best script executors
- Provides seamless integration with CI/CD pipeline
- Improves test coverage with parallel testing
- Provides access to features like REST API access, single-use VMs
Kobiton is a mobile testing platform that helps enterprises with faster release cycles and exceptional user experience. It provides access to hundreds of real devices on the cloud with full support for Appium, XCUI, Espresso, and Selenium.
- Provides natural gestures like tap, swipe, and scroll
- Allows replay of scenarios to analyze the root cause of failure
- Provides parallel testing for all test scripts
- Gives detailed test logs with metrics like battery performance
- Allows easy integration into CI/CD pipelines
5. Xamarin Test Cloud
Xamarin Test Cloud, now a part of the Visual Studio App Center, allows you to run tests on over 2500 mobile devices. You can upload your application to the cloud using Visual Studio, and it will automatically install the application and prepare for test runs.
- Allows you to select multiple devices in one go
- Allows code reusability and easy maintenance
- Provides a safe and secure environment for testing
- Offers frameworks such as Espresso, Calabash, Appium, and more
- Provides detailed test reports by sending notifications to all registered users
There is no doubt that when used at scale, device farm testing tools have immense potential to speed up the app delivery and release time. If you’re working on an app with a large target audience, these tools will let you perform tests on as many configurations as possible to make your app flawless.
But, according to us, the most hassle-free solution for mobile app testing is TestGrid. You can test your applications on hundreds of real devices on the cloud across a wide range of iOS and Android applications. With its end-to-end AI-powered codeless automation, you can perform app and API testing and get performance metrics under one roof.
So, try it out today to release apps with the best user experience that do not crash frequently!