The error code 0x87e105dc seems to be related to digital games and their DRM. For many players, this error appeared when trying to load a digital game or in the middle of such a title. On Xbox One, it is likely that the 0x87e105dc code is due to issues with Microsoft’s servers that handle gamer accounts and licenses. Unfortunately, there is nothing on the official Xbox error codes page regarding 0x87e105dc. Apparently Microsoft is not yet aware of this bug, which greatly upsets users. However, you should not despair, because “Advanced” gamers have found several solutions to this problem.
Possible causes of error 0x87e105dc
According to feedback from members of the forum, despite the same error with code 0x87e105dc, the reasons for its occurrence may be different.
- Xbox Live server error. Many who have encountered this problem confirm that the error may not depend at all on the user’s actions, but may occur due to a failure directly in the Xbox Live service.
- Xbox Live cannot check the status of custom digital video game downloads.
- The system is awaiting a firmware update.
- Microsoft account issues.
- Alternate MAC address entered incorrectly. In the event that the problem appears only in multiplayer games, the most likely cause is related to the MAC address.
Checking the status of your Xbox Live servers
To access downloaded video games and fix error 0x87e105dc, follow these steps.
- Press the Xbox button.
- Go to the Settings menu, select All Settings.
- Personalization tab.
- Go to the right pane – select My Home Xbox.
- Select your personal account, and then click Make This My Master Xbox Account.
Check your internet connection
When playing multiplayer titles, it is important that the internet connection works smoothly. If an error appears under the code 0x87e105dc, you need to check the network connection.
- Go to the Xbox One Dashboard.
- Further section “My games and applications” / “Settings”.
- Go to the “Networks” menu.
- The network setting screen will be displayed.
- Select your internet connection type (wireless / wired).
- Select “Test Network Connection”.
If you find problems, follow the pop-up recommendations.
Installing a pending update
Some players have resolved the error 0x87e105dc issue by installing the latest update and restarting the console.
- Make sure the console is connected to the network.
- Click on Xbox.
- Go to the settings sign, press the X button.
- Next is the “System” tab.
- If there are updates, you will see a “Time to update” alert.
Select “Start Update” – press “A” to start the process.
Clearing the cache
The next option to fix error 0x87e105dc is factory reset. With the system turned on, hold the power button for 10 seconds. The console will turn off after 3-4 seconds, but do not drop the button (you need to hold it for at least 10 seconds). The console will turn off with a beep that does not sound like a normal beep. Thus, the entire cache will be deleted, but the games, as well as some data, will be preserved. You may have to restore the STB settings. When the console is turned back on, you will see a green startup screen.
Clearing Alternate Mac Address
- Open the main menu with the Xbox button.
- Then go to Settings and All Settings.
- Go to the “Network” tab on the screen and select “Network Settings”.
- Open the Advanced Settings menu.
- Go to the Alternate Mac address section.
- From the Alternate Wired (or Wireless) MAC Address menu, select Clear.
- Restart tab.
Restart the system to apply all changes. This method has helped many users to resolve the error code 0x87e105dc issue on Xbox One.