We are going to explain how to search for filters on TikTok , something that is quite simple if we know where to locate them. TikTok integrates a very complete editor to record video, with filters, effects, and various extras, so sometimes we don’t know where to look for what we need.
Making original content is key to gaining followers on TikTok , and filters can help us a lot, whether it’s to improve our appearance, give clips a more fun touch or simply differentiate them from the rest.
First of all, we must clarify the nomenclature that TikTok uses in this regard. It calls filters those that are limited to changing the color , that is, they can make the image brighter, alter the contrast, change it to black and white… but without other additions.
Instead, effects add elements or make major modifications . For example, all augmented reality filters that retouch our face, body or the environment would fall into the category of effects for TikTok.
With this clear, to search for the filters or effects available in TikTok we will follow these steps from the mobile app:
- Open the TikTok app and tap the “+” icon to start recording a video:
- Entering the recording screen, you must look on the right side, there you will see an icon with three circles , which opens the filters:
- Click on that icon and a menu with different types of filters will open at the bottom :
- Instead, we have the effects in an icon at the bottom left , near the button to record:
- Pressing it brings up the entire gallery of effects , there we can look for the one we like the most from the tabs that divide them into categories:
- After choosing the one that we like the most, all that remains is to start recording, add the additional elements that we want (text, music, stickers, GIFs, etc.) and publish on TikTok.
In reality, there are not many filters on TikTok , and many of those that go viral come from other applications. For example, we can search for filters on Instagram (with a much larger catalog), download the video from the app, and then upload it to TikTok.
Now you know how to search for filters in the TikTok app , and you know that there are different ways, and that neither of them will take you more than a few seconds. If you want to continue learning more advanced tricks, we have already explained how to use a background video on TikTok step by step.