Error manifestation :
- When “ERROR_NOT_SUPPORTED” appears, the active window freezes and soon closes.
- The error often appears when you open the same program twice.
- The computer slows down noticeably, freezes for a few seconds.
- Significant slowdown when entering data using the mouse and keyboard.
An error is possible during startup, shutdown of the PC, installation and execution of programs. It is important to track the moment of the problem in order to fix it. Reasons for error 50:
- Incorrect or incomplete installation of the Windows software.
- Invalid OS registry keys.
- Malicious programs that have damaged system files.
- An antivirus that mistakenly deleted a system electronic document, considering it a virus.
How to fix ERROR_NOT_SUPPORTED
1. Reimage scans and fixes registry errors associated with error 50, finds missing e-references, fixing them. 2. Check your PC for viruses. 3. We clean up temporary files that accumulate in the process of work and are not used in the future. Due to the increase in their number, conflicts may arise, leading to ERROR_NOT_SUPPORTED . The built-in Disk Cleanup software will help us to clean up , significantly increasing the speed of the computer. To run you need :
- Start> cmd, then hold down the Ctrl + Shift keys, click on the command line.
- Enter the command cleanmgr + ENTER.
- Select drive C in the suggestion window, after a while the space to be cleaned will be calculated.
- Check the boxes of the categories you would like to clear, click OK.
4. Updating drivers ERROR_NOT_SUPPORTED also causes outdated drivers. Use the DriverDoc program: it will update all drivers and reinstall the incorrect ones. 5. Scanning system files System File Checker is a built-in Windows utility for scanning and recovering damaged electronic documents. To run (Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 10):
- Click Start.
- Type cmd, open with Ctrl + Shift keys pressed.
- Then sfc / scannow + ENTER.
- Scanning starts, when finished, follow the instructions.
6. Installing available updates The system error can be solved by updating Windows:
- In the control panel, find Windows Update.
- Click search for updates, if any, click Install updates.
7. Clean installation of Windows. If the above methods did not help, reinstall Windows on a clean partition of the C drive, having previously saved the information contained on it.