During the update Windows 8 / NT encountered an error: Windows Update Error 0x80070103? This is one of the most common problems appearing on Windows 8 / NT. Don’t worry, after reading the article, you will be able to easily fix it yourself.
Usually two error codes appear, mentioned on the official Microsoft website.
Why am I getting an error?
There are several reasons for the problem, but I will give much more common ones here:
- You want to download a driver that already exists in the system. In the described case, a conflict arises that stops the process.
- You are trying to download a driver with an older version than the one allowed on your computer.
Follow these simple steps to fix the situation:
- Open Command Prompt ( Windows Key + R) , then type Control Panel , then Enter .
- The Control Panel will open . Select Update Center.
- If you have any downloads available, go to the Important Updates category . In the picture below you can see 5 important updates available.
- Select the items you want to remove, right-click on them and remove.
To disable automatic downloading of new drivers, follow these steps:
- Go back to your desktop, point to My Computer , right-click and select Properties .
- In the left menu, click on Advanced System Settings . The computer properties window will open.
- Select Hardware and then Device Installation Options.
- In the window that opens, check the No box and save the results.
After completing all the points, you will solve the problem. If the malfunction remains, then leave comments below, look for answers on the forums or contact