Canon printer error code 5200 is the most common of all. It can appear as a result of simple problems, as well as physical device malfunctions. However, most often it is possible to correct the problem as a result of relatively simple manipulations. They can be performed independently or contact the service center. If you have a guarantee, it is better to immediately seek help from professionals. Otherwise, follow our guide.
Causes of Canon 5200 Printer Error
Key Causes of Canon 5200 Printer Error:
- the ink level in the cartridge has reached the minimum value;
- damage to the cartridge or print head;
- incorrect introduction of black ink into the cartridge;
- software failure.
Error code 5200 can appear on the Canon G3400, MP250, G2400, G1411 and several others. It seems that any models of the Canon family are at risk.
How to fix error 5200 on a printer?
Our troubleshooting guide is based on user feedback as well as official advice from Canon technicians. The error page on the official site is here .
1) Cleaning and refilling
The most common cause of error 5200 is commonplace – insufficient ink levels. You should check the ink levels in both black and color cartridges. If the level is too low somewhere, refueling should help. Even if the black cartridge is full and the color cartridges are empty, the error will continue to appear. You just need to measure the level and it will immediately become clear whether this is a problem or not.
2) Cartridge and printhead handling
The print head and the cartridges themselves can become clogged from time to time, causing the ink supply to stop and an error to occur.
How to fix Canon error 5200:
- Disconnect the printer from power and wait 10-20 seconds.
- We take out the cartridges from the printer and carefully clean them manually.
- Plug it back in and check the result.
If it does not work, you need to clean the print head:
- We install the proprietary program Canon IJ Printer Assistant on the computer , if you have not done this before.
- On the “Cleaning” page, select the “Cleaning the print head” item.
- Select the ink group to be cleaned with.
- We start the procedure with the “Start” button.
- We activate the “Print verification template” and find out if it worked or not.
- If the problem persists, you should remove the print head and rinse it well under warm water.
In the section “Elements of the initial check” there will be additional tips on what to do before starting the procedure.
3) Reset to factory settings
Before making a conclusion about a physical failure, it is worth trying to reset the printer settings.
Instructions for resetting a Canon printer to factory settings:
- Turn off the printer with the “On” button. on the hull.
- We are waiting for the printer to turn off. As soon as it is turned off, we hold down 2 keys: “Stop” and “On”. They must be held for 3 seconds, and then release the “Stop” button.
- We continue to hold the “On” button and press the “Stop” button 5 times with an interval of 2 seconds. Each time the yellow indicator will be activated.
- We release all the buttons and the display should light up, only nothing will be written on it. This means the initialization was successful.
- As soon as the indicator stops blinking, press the power button and wait until the printer turns off.
The above steps should be sufficient to resolve error 5200 on most Canon printers. If this is not the case, it is worth replacing the cartridges or print head with new ones. Usually this is already done in a service center, but if you have the right one on hand, you can quickly diagnose and fix the problem.