The idea of YouTube for Kids is to protect children’s minds from questionable and adult content. In the children’s version of YouTube, there are only positive, kind cartoons. But to get into the service, you first have to enter the code at kids.youtube.com/activate. This is necessary in order to synchronize accounts with each other.
How do I set up the YouTube Kids app?
You need to enter the kids.youtube.com/activate code at the moment when the account is set up. If you go through this procedure once, in the future it will be possible to use the application without entering additional codes.
How to enter the code kids.youtube.com/activate (full setup instructions):
- On Smart TV, install the YouTube Kids app from the official store.
- We start the TV and click on the “Authorization” button. Usually the system will ask you to sign in automatically. A 4-character code will be displayed on the screen.
- We take a smartphone or computer with access to the desired Google account and follow the link kids.youtube.com/activate.
- We enter on the phone the code that we see on the screen.
- We are waiting for the application to be linked to your account.
- We can already turn on cartoons on the TV.
Everything is quite simple and clear. You need to enter the code in order for the application to contact your main account. In the future, through this Google account, you will be able to access parental controls and the ability to select the right content for your child.