Below, you will see the steps you must follow to delete a TikTok account in case you have already tried it and are not interested in continuing to use it any longer. As you will see, it is an easily accessible procedure for any user who wants to unsubscribe.
In general, deleting accounts is usually a more complicated process than normal in some social networks or services, it is not always as easy as creating a new one, but what you have to know is that it is an irreversible decision that does not have reverse.
Among the numerous configuration options of TikTok , there is the possibility of deleting the account in a few very simple and quick steps that will allow you, in a few minutes, to get rid of your profile and delete the app from your mobile so that you never know about it again .
From the mobile app
If you are convinced to unsubscribe from TikTok , formerly known as Musical.ly, you just have to follow these steps if you are going to do it through the application for your Android mobile or the iPhone:
- Open the application and log in with your username and password, if you are already inside you can skip this step. Click the three vertical dots icon in the top right of TikTok to open the options menu.
- Now click on “ manage account ” and then on the lower option called “ Do you want to delete your account? ”.
- Once inside, you may be asked to enter a phone number, since TikTok will need to send a verification code to your mobile in order to properly delete the account, in order to verify that you are indeed the owner.
- Click on “ send code ” and wait a few seconds for it to arrive, you just have to write it and click on “ continue ”. Finally click on “ continue ” and your account will be deleted.
Before that, TikTok informs you in English of what it means to delete your profile (loss of videos, not being able to log in, etc.) and that you will have 30 days to recover the account because it will be deactivated during that time, after that period will be definitively eliminated.
From the computer
TikTok can be accessed from the computer easily to see your news, but it is also possible to delete the account from the web version , this is what you should do:
- Open the TikTok website and log in with your data. Next, click on your photo in the upper right part and enter the “settings” option .
- Then go to the “manage account” section and on the left click on “delete account” , an option that opens a wizard with a few steps to delete your TikTok profile.
You can see that it is very easy to delete the account on TikTok now that you know how to do it, which may be useful in the future if you see that over time you stop liking it, you are not as active as usual, you cannot get followers on TikTok or other causes.