Some users face a problem: how to clear the browser history on the phone in order to delete the list of visited sites from there. The program for entering the Internet – a browser or browser, remembers previously visited web pages of sites for a certain period of time.
With the help of history, the user can reopen the desired site if it is not in the browser bookmarks. It is convenient and practical.
But, there are situations when it is undesirable to save information about visited sites. A family member or other close person may inadvertently look into your phone.
Among other information, the browser can provide information about previous visits to sites on the Internet. As a result, personal data of a confidential or private nature may be disclosed to outsiders.
With the above in mind, you should be more careful about storing information on a mobile device. Therefore, it is useful for users to know how to delete browser history on the phone.
In this guide, you will find instructions for generic non-mobile browsers running on the Android operating system.
How to Clear Chrome Browser History on Your Phone
The Chrome browser is the most popular way to access the Internet, not only because of its ease of use, but also because this application is installed on the Android operating system by default.
The user has the ability to erase the browsing history in the Google Chrome browser, delete unnecessary data.
Please note that when synchronization is enabled on a smartphone or tablet, data will be deleted not only from the phone, but also from other synchronized devices. If synchronization is not used, then the history on the phone is not connected with the browsing history on other devices.
Do the following:
- In the Chrome app window, click on the icon with three vertical dots located in the upper right corner of the screen.
- In the drop-down menu, click on the “History” item.
- The History window displays a list of visited sites.
- To delete unnecessary data, click on “Clear history …”.
- In the “Clear history” window, in the “Additional” tab, you need to select the time range for which you want to delete information:
- Last hour.
- Last 24 hours.
- Last 7 days.
- Last 4 weeks.
- All the time.
Learn about related types of data being removed from a mobile device. We are interested in the “Browser History” item, which must be active. By default, “Cookies and Site Data” is enabled. It is not always necessary to delete this data, because with the help of this information, passwords are automatically entered to enter accounts on sites that require registration.
- Click on the “Delete data” button.
To remove individual items from the “History” window, you need to use one of two methods:
- You must click on the cross opposite the name of the page of the visited site.
- Highlight one or more items in the list, and then tap the trash can icon.
In this case, information relating to only some sites selected by the user will be deleted from the history of visits.
How to clear Yandex browser history on your phone
Now let’s see how to clear the history of the Yandex browser running on Android.
To clear the Yandex browser history on an Android phone, follow the steps:
- Click on the icon with three dots.
- Select “Settings” from the list.
- In the “Settings” window, in the “Privacy” section, click on the “Clear data” item.
- On the Clear Data screen, select the appropriate options.
We are interested in the “Local History” item, other options can be disabled if you do not need to delete the rest of the data.
- Click on the “Clear Data” button.
To delete history in Yandex browser on your phone for individual sites, you must follow these steps:
- In the Yandex application, click on the icon with the number of tabs inside.
- In the tab navigation window, click on the clock icon with arrows.
- The History screen displays a list of visited web pages by day of the week.
- Hold your finger on the line with the name of the desired site.
- In the window that opens, click on the “Delete” item.
How to Clear Opera Browser History on Android
The Opera browser is quite often used on phones using the Android operating system.
Deleting browsing history for individual sites is as follows:
- Click on the red “Opera” button.
- Select “History” from the open menu.
- In the “History” window, highlight the entry about visiting the site, and then touch the button with the image of the basket.
In order to delete your browsing history in Opera, you will need to go through several steps:
- After clicking on the “Opera” button, select the “Settings” menu item.
- In the settings window, go to the “Privacy” section.
- Click on the “Clear browsing history…” option.
- In the list of options, select “History of visits”, and, if necessary, other options to delete unnecessary information.
- Click on the “Clear Data” button.
How to Clear Firefox Browser History on Android Phone
The Mozilla Firefox browser for mobile devices has built-in functionality to clear your browsing history.
You need to do the following:
- Click on the button with three dots.
- Select “History” from the menu.
- Click on the icon with three dots next to the unwanted entry.
- Select Delete from the context menu.
- To clear the entire history, click on the “Delete History” button.
- Agree to the deletion of data about surfing the Internet.
Another option to remove unnecessary information:
- Enter Firefox settings.
- In the “Privacy and security” section, click on the item “Delete web surfing data”.
- On the Delete Web Browsing Data screen, you can choose what you want to delete from your browser. We are interested in the item “History of web surfing and site data”.
- Click on the “Clear browsing data” button.
How to Delete Browsing History in Microsoft Edge
Microsoft has released the Microsoft Edge browser to run on the Android operating system. The browser has a good rating compared to similar applications from the Google Play store.
The Microsoft Edge browser user needs to do the following:
- In the Edge browser window, click on the three dots located at the bottom of the screen.
- Select the “Settings” icon.
- In the settings window, go to the “Privacy, security” section.
- Scroll down to the “Clear History” option.
- In the Clear History window, check the Browser History option. Use other options as needed.
- Click on the “Delete” button.
In the settings for clearing browsing history, you can turn on the setting to automatically delete your web browsing data when you exit the browser.
Deleting browsing history in US Browser
In the popular US Browser (“squirrel”), the user can delete records of visits to pages of sites on the Internet.
Go through the following steps:
- In the US browser window, click on the icon with three stripes.
- In the context menu, touch the “History” icon.
- On the screen that opens, open the “Website” tab.
- Click on an unnecessary entry, in the open menu, tap “Delete”.
- To delete all history in the browser, click on the “Clear” option.
When you exit the browser, there is an option to clear your browsing history from the pop-up window.
In some cases, users need to delete information about their visits to sites on the Internet on a phone running on the Android operating system. With default settings, the browser stores such data on the mobile device. If necessary, the user can clear the browsing history data in the browser for a certain period of time, or delete records relating to visits to individual web pages.