Despite the fact that New World allows players to spend time quite comfortably alone, most of the fun is reserved for those who pay attention to factions and PvP (by the way, we wrote about how and why to engage in battles with other players in a separate guide ).
The faction is given to choose upon reaching level 10 from three options:
- Marauders (Maradeurs);
At the same time, players often choose at random or simply depending on the style of the group or the color of its flag, and therefore after some time they may begin to regret their decision. Most often this happens if it turns out that you are in the weakest faction on the server or all your friends are in a different company.
Therefore, we are talking about how it is possible (and whether it is possible) to “cross over” to the enemy’s camp.
How to change faction in New World
At the time of version 1.1, fortunately, the ability to switch under other banners is free (even if the transfer itself imposes small restrictions on the player – but more on them later). To change faction:
- Open the character menu. To do this, click on the K button .
- Go to the “Bio” tab (far left).
- Click the Change Fraction button .
- Select an available one and click “Change Fraction”.
Restrictions on changing factions in New World
As we already mentioned, despite all the free transition, you should be prepared for the restrictions that Amazon has introduced (obviously, so that players do not abuse the system).
- The fraction can be changed only once every 60 days (i.e. 2 months).
- You cannot go to the faction that dominates the server.
- The rank and points of the faction will be lost – everything will have to be earned again.
The level of the character, his items and experience during the “move” will not go anywhere.