How to capture scrolling screenshot in windows: In some cases, when visiting web pages of sites on the Internet, the user needs to take a screenshot with a scrolling screen. A screenshot is a capture of all or part of the screen, saved as an image.
When taking screenshots, there are some difficulties associated with the fact that it is not so easy to take a screenshot of a computer screen with scrolling to the end of the invisible area. The fact is that usually the pages of websites do not fit in the visible part of the PC screen, and the web page must be saved in its entirety by taking a long scrolling screenshot.
As a result, the user will have a scrolling screenshot of the entire page, rather than a separate visible part. To solve this problem, you need to take a screenshot of the desired site with scrolling on a Windows computer.
Otherwise, you will have to take a few screenshots to glue them together later using a graphical editor. This is not the best and also time-consuming option.
Although there are several ways to take a screenshot in the Windows operating system, they do not allow you to take a scrolling screenshot.
To capture the screen, you need to press the “Print Screen” keys (PrtSc, PrtScr, PrntScr, PrtScn) or “Win” + “PrtSc”, “Alt” + “PrtSc”, depending on the purpose of the snapshot: capture the entire visible screen or the active window. The result is saved in the “Images” folder or copied to the clipboard, from where the image can be pasted into a graphics editor or into a text document.
The Windows operating system has a built-in screenshot application. But it does not have the function of creating a screenshot with autoscroll – scrolling down.
All these methods and tools allow you to capture content only within the visible part of the PC screen or browser viewing area. The user needs to take a scrolling screenshot of the site or open document to get what is outside the visible area.
To solve this problem, you need to use third-party software.
In this guide, you will find instructions on how to take a scrolling screenshot using a browser, specialized application, or online service. In addition to web pages, programs can take pictures in an open document window.
Please note that when using the built-in browser tools, you should be aware that not all images from the web page of the site are always captured. This is due to the fact that not all images do not have time to load. In this case, it is better to use a browser extension or a third-party program that is free from this drawback.
How to Take a Browser Screenshot with Scrolling in Microsoft Edge
The Microsoft Edge browser is built into the Windows operating system and has many different features. Among them is a useful feature that allows you to take a screenshot of the page with scrolling.
Screen capture in Microsoft Edge goes like this:
- Right-click in the Edge browser window or click on the “Settings and more” icon (three dots).
- In the menu that opens, click “Webpage Snapshot”. This action is also performed using the keys “Ctrl” + “Shift” + “S”.
- A panel will open at the top of the browser window, on which you need to select “Record the entire page.”
- A window of a regular Windows application designed for creating screenshots (“Scissors” or “Sketch on a fragment of the screen”) will open on the screen. Here you can edit the image, draw or erase something, save to your computer by clicking on the corresponding icon, copy or share by clicking on the three dots located in the upper right corner of the application.
With Microsoft Edge, you can save a screenshot as a JPEG.
How to take a scrolling screenshot in Yandex Browser
Yandex Browser has an integrated tool for creating screenshots, which is enabled by default in the program settings.
Screen capture with scrolling in Yandex Browser is performed in two steps:
- Press the keys “Ctrl” + “Alt” + “3”.
- The Yandex screenshot editor window will open, in which you can edit the screenshot: add arrows of different colors, write text, use shapes, a marker, blur or crop. The finished snapshot can be copied, saved to a PC, or sent to Yandex.Disk.
A snapshot of a website page is saved in PNG format.
Scrolling screenshot in Mozilla Firefox
Mozilla Firefox has a built-in method for capturing a scrolling screenshot that can be used without additional extensions.
In Firefox, a scrolling screenshot is done like this:
- You need to right click in the browser window.
- In the context menu that opens, click on the “Take a screenshot” item.
- A panel will open on the right side of the browser window, on which you need to click on the “Save entire page” button.
- A preview window will open. You can undo this operation, copy the image to the clipboard for pasting into a document or graphics editor, or save the screen capture to your computer.
Firefox saves the image in PNG format.
How to Take a Scrolling Screenshot of an Entire Website in Google Chrome
In the Google Chrome browser, you will not be able to take a screenshot directly. But, there is a hidden way to get by with the standard browser tool. You must use the developer tools built into your web browser.
This method allows you to take a scrolling screenshot of an entire web page in Chrome. The screen capture feature in developer tools can be used in other browsers based on Chromium: Opera, Microsoft Edge, Vivaldi, Yandex Browser and others.
By default, the developer tools work in English. For greater convenience, the user can select the Russian language.
Do the following:
- Press the “F12” key to enable the developer tools (you can also press the “Ctrl” + “Shift” + “I” keys).
- The developer panel opens on the side or bottom, depending on the current settings.
- Click on the device icon on the top bar.
- Set your computer’s display resolution. You can enter the device selection and, for example, add “Desktop” with your settings.
- Right click on three dots.
- In the drop-down menu, click on “Capture full size screenshot” (Make a full-sized screenshot).
Scrolling Screenshot – FireShot Extension
Users of popular browsers can use extensions to take screenshots. The developers have created many similar add-ons that you can use in your Internet browser.
You can use the FireShot extension, which works in all major browsers: Google Chrome, Yandex Browser, Microsoft Edge, Opera, Mozilla Firefox, Vivaldi, and so on. After installation in the browser, the free version of the FireShot Light extension is used by default, the functions of which are enough to complete our operation.
Go through the steps:
- Install the extension in your browser from the respective store.
- Click the extension icon in the toolbar or use the right-click context menu.
- Select the “Capture Entire Page” option or press the “Ctrl” + “Shift” + “S” keys.
- In the Save Screenshot window, you can save the screenshot as a PNG image on your computer, save it as a PDF file, email it, copy it, or print it.
How to Take a Scrolling Screenshot on Computer in PicPick
PicPick is a screen capture and image editing program that has many useful tools built into it. This is a free app for personal use.
PicPick has seven screen capture modes: full screen, active window, window element, scrolling window, selection area, fixed area and custom area. We are interested in the “scroll – screenshot” function in PicPick.
To take a scrolling screenshot in PicPick, follow these steps:
- In the Windows notification area, click on the program icon.
- In the open menu, first click on “Screen Capture” and then “Scrolling Window”.
- Left click in the capture area.
- On the monitor screen, you will see a slow auto-scrolling of a website page or an open document window.
- After the capture is completed, the PicPick graphics editor window will open, in which you can edit the resulting image using a large number of tools.
- Click on the “Save Active Image” button on the top panel or enter the “File” tab, and then select “Save As” to save the screenshot in one of the supported formats: PNG, BMP, JPG, GIF, PDF.
PicPick is well suited for scrolling screenshots created in Windows.
In addition to PicPick, you can use other similar applications: FastStone Capture, ShareX, Apowersoft Screen Capture, Snagit or other programs.
Screenshot with scrolling online at S-shot.ru
In some cases, the user cannot use applications from the computer. In this case, an online service that can take screenshots of websites will help him perform the necessary actions.
For example, use the online service S-shot.ru:
- Open the service page at the link: https://www.s-shot.ru/ .
- In the field “specify the site address” insert a link to the desired web page.
- In the “size” area, check the “full-size” box. In the “options” area, select the desired format: JPEG or PNG. Change other settings if necessary.
- Click on the “create” button.
- Under this form, a screenshot of the entire site will appear, and below it, the “Screenshot Address” with a link to the image.
- Open this URL in a new tab and then save the image to your computer.
Some users need to take a screenshot of a full page of a site, so they want to know how to take a scrolling screenshot. The image should preserve not only the visible part of the screen, but also the invisible area of the page. You can take a scrolling screenshot using the built-in tools of some browsers, extensions, specialized programs and online services.