The great news is that the VAL 29 bug in Valorant is pretty well researched. It has only 3 key reasons for the appearance of a different character. The first is programmatic in nature, while the second and third are regional restrictions. Some of the above should apply to your situation. Just test both solutions and choose the one that best suits the current problem.
Switch to another network
Unfortunately, a very large number of users from Crimea have error 29 in Riot. This region is considered controversial, so many services block it. There are 2 ways to get around this limitation. Choose the one that suits you best.
What can be done:
- Switching between networks . You should distribute the Internet from your phone for the period until the game is launched. Then you can return to the stationary Internet or Wi-Fi again, it should work without delay.
- Enable VPN . Also a good way, but you need to get a little confused to find a good service. It is important to find the option that provides good speed, has a decent throughput.
Very often, the root of the problem is that the Riot game cannot launch Vanguard. This is an anti-cheat system that blocks various illegal software that affects the game. If as a result of some manipulation or your Vanguard antivirus is damaged, an error will appear.
- Open the Program files folder through Explorer, and then Riot Vanguard.
- Find and run the uninstall.exe file.
- When the uninstall is complete, launch Valorant and the process of reinstalling Riot Vanguard will begin.
You can also remove anti-cheat via the command line using the simple command sc delete vgc . It replaces steps 1 and 2.
For some users, error 29 is due to the fact that the user’s region was selected incorrectly. You just need to go to the settings and set the correct region. The ability to connect to Valorant should be restored along with the transition to the correct region.
We hope that within the framework of this instruction we were able to help everyone who encountered error 29 in their favorite Valorant game. Regardless of the result, we look forward to your comments. By doing so, you will help other readers, and we will better understand the nature of the problem.