Apple Series 5 vs. Samsung Smartwatch 4- Which one is better?
In recent years, smartwatches have become increasingly popular among tech-savvy individuals. From tracking fitness goals to receiving notifications on the go, smartwatches offer many benefits.
However, with so many different brands and models available, deciding which one to buy can take time. Apple and Samsung are two of the most popular brands in the market.
The Apple Watch Series 5 and the Samsung Galaxy Watch 4 are excellent smartwatches, each with strengths and weaknesses.
A Detailed Comparison of Apple and Samsung Smartwatch
|Display||1.78-inch LTPO OLED display||1.4-inch AMOLED display|
Design and Display
The Apple Series 5 and Samsung Smartwatch 4 have sleek and modern designs. The Apple Series 5 has a square-shaped screen with rounded edges, while the Samsung Smartwatch 4 has a circular display. Both watches have an always-on display, meaning you can glance at your watch to check the time without raising your wrist.
The Apple Series 5 has a 1.78-inch LTPO OLED display with a 448 x 368 pixels resolution. It also has a digital crown, which you can use to navigate the watch’s apps and features.
The Samsung Smartwatch 4 has a slightly larger 1.4-inch AMOLED display with a 450 x 450 pixels resolution. It has a rotating bezel, which you can use to scroll through the watch’s menus and apps.
Regarding features, both watches are packed with useful tools and functionalities. The Apple Series 5 runs on watchOS 6, which offers a variety of apps, such as Apple Music, Apple Pay, and the ECG app, which can help you monitor your heart rate.
The Samsung Smartwatch 4 runs on Tizen OS and comes with various features, such as Samsung Pay, Bixby voice assistant, and the ability to download and play music directly from the watch.
Both watches have GPS, Wi-Fi, and Bluetooth connectivity. They also have a range of sensors, such as an accelerometer, gyroscope, and barometer, which can help you track your fitness and monitor your daily activity levels.
Fitness and Health Tracking
If you are looking for a smartwatch to help you monitor your fitness and health, the Apple Series 5 and Samsung Smartwatch 4 have a range of features that can help.
The Apple Series 5 has a heart rate monitor, an ECG app, and fall detection. It also has a range of fitness tracking tools, such as a workout app, activity rings, and the ability to track your daily steps and calories burned.
The Samsung Smartwatch 4 also has a heart rate monitor and a range of fitness-tracking features, such as automatic workout detection, sleep tracking, and stress monitoring.
One of the most significant differences between the Apple Series 5 and Samsung Smartwatch 4 is their battery life. The Apple Series 5 has an estimated battery life of up to 18 hours, while the Samsung Smartwatch 4 can last up to 3 days on a single charge.
Price is another factor when choosing between the Apple Series 5 and Samsung Smartwatch 4. The Apple Series 5 starts at $399 for the GPS-only model and $499 for the GPS + cellular model. The Samsung Smartwatch 4 costs $249 for the Bluetooth model and $299 for the LTE model.
Apple Series 5
- ECG and Fall Detection feature: The Apple Series 5 has a built-in ECG app to help you monitor your heart rate and detect irregularities. It also has a fall detection feature that can alert emergency services if you fall and don’t respond to the watch’s prompts.
- Always-On Retina Display: The Always-On Retina Display on the Apple Series 5 allows you to check the time or any notifications without raising your wrist or tapping the screen.
- Large Selection of Apps: With the Apple Watch app store, you can find many apps that can help you with anything from fitness tracking to meditation.
- Apple Pay: With Apple Pay, you can easily make purchases without pulling out your wallet or phone.
- Great Battery Life: The Apple Series 5 can last up to 18 hours on a single charge, so you can wear it all day without worrying about recharging.
- Limited Compatibility: The Apple Watch is only compatible with iPhones, so if you have an Android phone, you won’t be able to use it.
- Expensive: The Apple Series 5 is one of the most expensive smartwatches on the market so it may be outside everyone’s budget.
- Proprietary Charger: The Apple Watch uses a proprietary charger, which means you can’t charge a standard USB charger.
Samsung Smartwatch 4
- Works with Android and iOS: The Samsung Smartwatch 4 is compatible with Android and iOS devices so that you can use it regardless of your phone.
- Longer Battery Life: The Samsung Smartwatch 4 can last up to four days on a single charge, making it ideal for people who don’t want to worry about recharging daily.
- GPS and NFC: The Samsung Smartwatch 4 has GPS and NFC capabilities, allowing you to track your location and make contactless payments.
- Large Selection of Watch Faces: The Samsung Smartwatch 4 has a vast selection of watch faces so that you can customize it to your liking.
- Affordable: The Samsung Smartwatch 4 is more affordable than the Apple Series 5, making it an excellent choice for people who don’t want to spend much money on a smartwatch.
- Bixby Voice Assistant: The Samsung Smartwatch 4 uses the Bixby voice assistant, which may not be as robust as other voice assistants like Siri or Google Assistant.
- Limited App Selection: The Samsung Galaxy app store has a more limited selection of apps than the Apple Watch app store.
- No ECG or Fall Detection: The Samsung Smartwatch 4 doesn’t have built-in ECG or fall detection capabilities, which may be a dealbreaker for some people.
- Smaller Screen: The Samsung Smartwatch 4 has a smaller screen compared to the Apple Series 5, which may make it harder to read notifications or watch videos.
Which SmartWatch is Better: Apple or Samsung?
In terms of design, both Apple and Samsung offer stylish and sleek smartwatches in different sizes and colors. However, Apple may have a slight edge in this category, as their watches are often seen as fashion statements.
When choosing between an Apple and Samsung smartwatch, there is no definitive answer as to which is better. It ultimately comes down to personal preference, as both brands offer stylish and functional watches with similar features. Apple Watches are best suited for those heavily invested in the Apple ecosystem and owning other Apple products. At the same time, Samsung Watches may be a better option for Android users or those who prioritize battery life.
Before making a purchase, consider your specific needs and preferences to determine which smartwatch is the best choice for you.
Ultimately, the best way to determine which smartwatch is better for you is to consider your specific needs and preferences. Do you already own other Apple products? Do you need a watch with a long battery life? These are just a few of the questions you should ask yourself before deciding.
6 Other Reliable SmartWatches
1- Garmin Venu 2
The Garmin Venu 2 is an excellent choice for fitness enthusiasts. This smartwatch has GPS tracking, heart rate monitoring, and a range of workout programs. It also offers advanced sleep-tracking features and a battery life of up to 11 days. With its AMOLED display and customizable watch faces, the Garmin Venu 2 offers a sleek and stylish look that rivals the Apple Watch.
2- Fossil Gen 5E
The Fossil Gen 5E is a more affordable alternative to the Apple Watch. It runs on Google’s Wear OS and offers features such as GPS, heart rate monitoring, and NFC payments. With its customizable watch faces and interchangeable bands, the Fossil Gen 5E can be personalized to suit your style. It also has a battery life of up to 24 hours and is compatible with Android and iOS devices.
3- The Apple Watch Ultra
One of the better choices than Apple or Samsung smartwatches is the Apple Watch Ultra. This smartwatch is designed to be the ultimate companion for your iPhone. It has a larger display than the standard Apple Watch, making it easier to read notifications and messages. It also has a longer battery life, so you can go longer without recharging. The Apple Watch Ultra also has cellular connectivity, allowing you to make and receive calls and texts even when your phone is not nearby.
4- TicWatch Pro 3
The TicWatch Pro 3 is a great option for those with long battery life. This smartwatch can last up to 45 days in basic mode and up to 3 days with regular use. It features Google’s Wear OS and offers a range of features, including GPS, heart rate monitoring, and NFC payments. With its AMOLED and FSTN dual display, the TicWatch Pro 3 offers excellent visibility in bright and dim conditions.
5- Fitbit Versa 3
The Fitbit Versa 3 is another great option for fitness enthusiasts. It features a built-in GPS, heart rate monitoring, and a range of workout programs. It also offers advanced sleep-tracking features and a battery life of up to 6 days. The Fitbit Versa 3 can be personalized to suit your style with its customizable watch faces and interchangeable bands.
6- Huawei Watch GT 2 Pro
The Huawei Watch GT 2 Pro is a stylish and functional smartwatch offering various features. It features GPS, heart rate monitoring, and a range of workout programs. It also provides advanced sleep-tracking features and a battery life of up to 14 days. The Huawei Watch GT 2 Pro offers a premium look and feel with its sapphire glass display and titanium frame.
The Apple Series 5 and Samsung Smartwatch 4 are two popular smartwatches that offer a wide range of features and capabilities. Ultimately, the choice between the two devices will depend on individual preferences and needs, such as compatibility with other devices, design, and specific features.
Also Read: Latest version of apple watch
Q: Can I use an Apple Watch with an Android phone?
A: No, Apple Watches are only compatible with iPhones.
Q: Can I use a Samsung Watch with an iPhone?
Yes, Samsung Watches can be synced with iPhones, but some features may not be available.
Q: How long does the battery last on an Apple Watch?
A: Depending on usage, Apple Watches typically last between 18-24 hours.
Q: How long does the battery last on a Samsung Watch?
Samsung Watches typically last between 2-3 days, depending on usage.
Q: Are Apple Watches more expensive than Samsung Watches?
It depends on the model, but Apple Watches are generally slightly more expensive than Samsung Watches.
Q: Can I use third-party apps on Apple and Samsung Watches?
Yes, both Apple and Samsung Watches support third-party apps.