How can I use the Running Services feature in developer mode to make my phone run faster and have a longer battery life?
Developer Mode gives the phone owner more options when using the device. For example, the “Running Services” feature allows you to view all the processes that are currently active on your smartphone. Here, next to each application or service, you can see the amount of memory that this process consumes.
From this menu, the user can not only view the list of services, but also force stop or restart almost any application. This feature will be useful in the following situations:
- The application “tightly” hangs and does not close through the application menu.
- The phone began to work slowly, freeze or slow down.
- The battery level of the device began to drop rapidly, although all programs were closed in the menu.
In the “Running services” item, you can find out which services are still running, which loads the phone and consumes too much battery power.
To use the “Running Services” option, follow the instructions:
- Open your smartphone settings.
- Select the “About phone” section.
- Click on the build number 5-7 times until a pop-up window appears at the bottom of the screen informing you that the developer mode has been successfully activated.
- Go to your phone settings and find the “For Developer” section (or Developer options).
- Find the item “Running services” (or Running services).
Next, a list of all running programs and services will open. To stop any of them, you must click on it, and then select the “Stop” action.
Next to each service will be the amount of memory it consumes. By this parameter, you can understand what loads the phone more and makes it work slower.
However, it is important to remember that not all services can be terminated. Some of them are system ones, and forcibly stopping them can lead to problems with the phone. It is recommended to stop only those applications that the owner has installed himself.