Phone Safe Mode. How to enable safe mode on your phone and check if it works?
Safe Mode is a mode for dealing with various phone problems. If your smartphone frequently crashes, freezes, or closes apps, Safe Mode may turn on automatically. Otherwise, you can go to it manually.
Why do you need phone safe mode?
Safe Mode stops all applications downloaded by the user. This allows you to understand what caused the phone to malfunction – third-party programs, problems with the operating system or hardware. Safe Mode can be activated to remove applications that normally fail to uninstall due to errors.
Important! Widgets are often removed from the smartphone in safe mode. Then they can be added back to the work screens.
Safe Mode does not look for a specific application that is causing crashes on the smartphone. It allows you to understand whether errors occur due to applications or due to something else. To determine the source of failures, follow the instructions:
- Turn on safe mode.
- Check if the errors have disappeared, if the phone is stable. If the problem is fixed, then the source of the problem is downloaded applications.
- Now it remains to start deleting recently downloaded applications one by one. Particular attention should be paid to programs that were not downloaded from Google Play. After each removed application, you need to return to normal mode and check if the problem has disappeared.
How to enable safe mode on your phone?
To enable safe mode, you must follow the instructions:
- Press the “Power” button and select “Shutdown”.
- You need to hold this button with your finger until a window appears on the screen that says “Going into safe mode.”
- After confirming the action, the phone will automatically enter safe mode.
On some models, the above method does not work, so you need to turn off the phone, then turn it back on. While turning on, you need to hold down one of the following key combinations:
“Volume down” and “Volume up” from the beginning of the inclusion (with vibration, if present).
- “Volume Down”. It is necessary to hold down when the logo appears.
- “Power” until the logo appears, then (when the logo appears) release and hold down “Volume Down”.
- “Power” and “Volume down” from the beginning of the inclusion.
- “Volume down” and “Volume up” when the logo appears.
- “Menu” (if it is present) from the start of switching on.
You need to try different combinations until the safe mode is activated.
How to turn off safe mode?
To exit safe mode, just restart the device in the usual way – hold down the “Power” key, select “Restart”. You can also just turn off the phone and turn it on again – this will return the device to standard mode. If these methods did not help, here is the instruction:
- Check if the Power key is working properly.
- Make sure that when turning off the device, the user presses the “Shutdown” item once, and does not hold it down.
- Check if the latest software version is installed on your smartphone.
- Take out the SIM card and put it back in after a few minutes.
- Clear the cache.
- In some cases, safe mode can be exited by removing the battery and reinserting it.