Fans of LA Noire are experiencing problems launching the game on Windows 10. Many are “sinning” in the “top ten” believing that it does not support this game. In reality, this is not entirely true. The problem lies, first of all, in incorrect system settings or due to system failures.
Players have found several reasons for crashes due to which the game does not start.
- The video game does not have administrator rights.
- Wrong version of DirectX.
- User participation in beta testing. For this reason, the game is receiving unstable patches and updates.
Many managed to solve the problem and enter a computer game after applying one of these methods.
Launch Steam as Administrator
- If the Steam shortcut is on the desktop, right-click on it (or find the shortcut using the Win + S key combination and enter Steam in the search bar).
- In the window that opens, select the “Run as administrator” field.
- Go to the Steam library by clicking on the button at the top of the window.
- You need to find the LA Noire game in the list and launch it.
Refusal to participate in beta testing (in case of participation)
- Launch Steam (similar to the instructions above, i.e. from the admin). Navigate to Settings via the top navigation bar.
- Select the “Account” tab.
- In the Beta Participation section, click Change.
- Next, “Cancel all beta programs” and click OK.
- Restart Steam and launch LA Noire. If the problem is not resolved, use the next method.
Checking the Integrity of Game Cache Files on Steam
A built-in Steam function that checks the health of game files. If problems are found, the required file will be automatically reinstalled.
- Go to the games library and right click on LA Noire. Select “Properties”, which will open the game options.
- Next is the “Local files” tab. It is in it that all the interesting controls for working with game files are located. It also shows the total size of the game on the hard disk of the PC.
- Selecting “Check integrity of cache” will start checking.
- Wait for the procedure to complete, close the window and start the game.
Changing DirectX version to 11 or 12
If you have DirectX 9 installed, updating to version 11/12 can help fix the problem with launching the game.
- First, you need to check which version of DirectX is installed on your PC. Press Win + S and in the dialog box enter dxdiag / OK (the application will open).
- See what version of DirectX you have (if it’s the latest, skip this method). If outdated, continue on.
- Go to Microsoft official site https://directx.biz/11-download-windows
and download the installer.
- After downloading, run the file with administrator rights. Install DirectX.
- Restart your PC and try to launch LA Noire – only with admin rights.