Specifications, features, advantages and disadvantages of the ILIFE V80 MAX robot vacuum cleaner.
ILIFE is a Chinese brand that is one of the main developers and manufacturers of vacuum robot vacuum cleaners. Their robotic devices are presented in two lines. Models of the A series are designed for dry cleaning only, models of the V series are for dry and wet cleaning. Today in the review ILIFE V80 MAX wireless robot vacuum cleaner.
Specifications ILIFE V80 MAX
- Cleaning modes: S-shaped, spot, “edge”, maximum.
- Cleaning type: dry, wet.
- Applications: Hardwood floors, tiles, stone, carpet.
- Suction power: up to 1900 Pa.
- Dust container volume: 750 ml.
- Water tank volume: 300 ml.
- Working time: up to 1 hour 20 min.
- Dust filter: HEPA.
- Charging time: 360 minutes.
- Management: remote control; ILIFEHOME app.
- Navigation: 11 obstacle detection sensors.
- Dimensions: 330 x 320 x 80 mm.
- Weight: 2 kg 700 gr.
The package includes:
- A vacuum cleaner.
- Dust collector.
- Water tank.
- Charging station.
- Remote control.
- Power adapter.
- Spare HEPA filter.
- Cleaning brush.
- User guide.
- Side brushes (main pair and spare).
- Spare napkin.
The body of the vacuum cleaner is made of black plastic. The glossy surface of the top panel is made in dark blue.
It has a brand logo, a physical button to turn on the vacuum cleaner and a Wi-Fi network indicator.
The charging station is made in black and white.
The ILIFE V80 MAX robot vacuum cleaner looks strict, but very stylish.
On the side there is a physical power button and a power connector (to charge the vacuum cleaner directly, without a station)
The vacuum cleaner comes with the brushes removed. They must be installed in the seats corresponding in color.
In the center is the direct suction module. Unlike vacuum cleaners with a turbo brush, this option is easier to clean, and fine dust is sucked up many times better.
It doesn’t take much effort to remove the wet or dry cleaning modules. You need to press the latch and pull the module towards you, it will slide out along the guides.
The dry cleaning module is slightly larger due to the volumetric dust collector.
The wet cleaning module is more compact, but heavier due to water. Both modules have a contact pad for power supply.
Charging can be done from a complete power supply (19 V) or from a station. It is recommended to place the station near the socket and at a small distance from corners and furniture. An optical sensor is built into the charging station to communicate with the robot. When the battery is low, the vacuum cleaner will automatically return to the charging station.
1. Remote control operation
The remote control is small, handy and intuitive. With it, you can select the type of cleaning, start cleaning with one click, or adjust the current settings. It is possible to set the cleaning schedule from the remote control.
2. App control
At the first start, you need to link the vacuum cleaner through the ILIFEHOME application. It is available for download on Google Play. After installation, you need to add a robot model from the list provided and then follow the instructions. In the application, you can select all the necessary settings and easily change them in the process.
This is how you can track:
- cleaning schedule. The robot will turn on at the appointed time and start cleaning.
- cleaning history. It displays when and what time the vacuum cleaner was running, as well as the duration of cleaning and its area.
- Parts service. The degree of wear of consumables is reflected.
- Suction setting. The power is adjustable from 1% to 100%, depending on the type of flooring, for example, more power is needed on carpets than on a smooth floor.
- Use of water (soft, standard, strong). This parameter controls the degree of wetting of microfiber with water, depending on the material of the floors.
- cleaning modes. S-shaped mode – ideal for large and free spaces. Point suggests a spiral path, suitable for small spaces. The edge mode pays maximum attention to the edges and corners of the room. Maximum mode – for carpets and significant pollution.
Useful Functions of ILIFE V80 MAX
The ILIFE V80 MAX robot vacuum cleaner has contact and non-contact collision sensors, as well as stair fall sensors. Thanks to the high wheels, the vacuum cleaner easily overcomes small thresholds and obstacles up to 12 mm. The climbing angle is 15 degrees.
The absence of a turbo brush can be considered an advantage of this model. If small particles of debris get in the way of the robot, the brush will usually scatter them as it rotates. In ILIFE V80 MAX, the grains are collected, guided by brushes and gently sucked up, which greatly speeds up the cleaning process. The floating suction nozzle also helps avoid tangling when picking up fur or hair.
The large dust container allows you to use the vacuum cleaner for a long time without constant cleaning.
For wet cleaning, clean water is poured into the appropriate tank and a microfiber cloth is installed. The water level is regulated by a built-in pump. For heavy soiling, you can add a floor cleaner directly into the container.
The moisture intensity of the floors is adjustable. The maximum setting leaves a slightly damp surface. But this is not suitable for all types of coverage. For example, for laminate or parquet, a minimum or medium water dosage should be used.
The height of the robot is only 8 cm, so it can easily pass under furniture with legs, collecting even the finest dust.
This robotic vacuum cleaner is equipped with a Japanese Nidec brushless motor. It is characterized by higher power with smaller dimensions. This creates less noise even at high speeds. It is not subject to overheating, which ensures greater reliability and durability.
ILIFE V80 MAX is an excellent robot vacuum cleaner for its price segment. Quite powerful and functional, but at the same time intuitive to operate. Among the shortcomings, one can single out only the ILIFEHOME application that does not always work correctly. But this point has nothing to do with the quality of the vacuum cleaner itself.