Icecream Video Editor is a free video editing and editing software that allows you to create a new video or edit an existing video. In the created video clip, you can use video and photos, add text, effects and filters.
Many users are creating their own videos. In other situations, you need to perform simple editing, such as cutting a fragment from a video or merging two video files.
- Features of Icecream Video Editor
- Icecream Video Editor Interface
- Trim video in Icecream Video Editor
- Adding an audio track to a video
- How to add text to video
- How to slow down or speed up a video
- Article Conclusions
For video editing, you need a program – a video editor, which has built-in capabilities for working with video files. Pay attention to the simple free program Icecream Video Editor, which works in Russian.
For most users, the functions of a simple editor will be enough, in which you can perform basic video editing operations. All work in the Icecream Video Editor is performed in several consecutive steps.
Features of Icecream Video Editor
Icecream Video Editor has the following features:
- Timeline – insert video and photos into one timeline.
- Transitions – Add transitions between scenes in a video clip.
- Video Effects – Use blur, newsreel, and other effects.
- Trim video – remove unnecessary fragments from the video.
- Inserting audio into a video clip – adding an audio track: music or voice to the video.
- Text — add animated text to the video clip.
- Change speed – slow down or speed up the video.
- Select video quality — select the quality of the output video file.
- Rotate and Flip – Uses flip and rotate the video.
- Upload videos to YouTube, Dropbox, Google Drive.
The application manufacturer has stated the following system requirements for Icecream Video Editor:
- Clock frequency of the central processor from 2.66 GHz and above.
- At least 4 GB of RAM (recommended – 16 GB).
- 100 MB to 5 GB free disk space.
- Hardware support for DirecX 11.
- Operating system Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 8, Windows 7.
To install on a computer, you can download Icecream Video Editor for free in Russian from the developer’s website – Icecream App.
Download Icecream Video Editor
When installing the program, pay attention to the window asking you to install additional software on your computer. Uncheck the boxes next to the corresponding items so as not to install unnecessary Yandex programs on your PC.
After installation is complete, launch Icecream Video Editor on your computer.
Icecream Video Editor Interface
The application has a simple and intuitive interface. In the main window of “Icecream Video Editor” there is a panel for managing the application at the top. On the left is the “Library” for adding media files. On the right is the built-in player for playing the project.
Under these interface elements is the settings panel. At the bottom of the program window is a timeline (timeline).
Now we will look at some typical operations when working with video files in Icecream Video Editor. In this review, I have prepared several instructions suitable for different occasions when using this application.
Trim video in Icecream Video Editor
First, let’s consider a common operation with the removal of unnecessary parts from the video.
Follow these steps:
- Click on the “Add Files” button, or drag and drop a media file into the “Library” with the mouse.
- Right-click the file, select “Add File to Timeline” or drag and drop the file onto the timeline.
- Click on the “Crop” button.
- Select a fragment of the video file that you want to save.
- If necessary, you can change the image settings, audio, insert text, apply filters.
- Click on the “Finish” button.
- Start playback of the project in the multimedia player to view the resulting result.
- Click on the Export Video button.
- In the Export Video window, give the file a name, select a save location, format (MP4 and WebM formats are available), resolution (HD, Full HD, Quad HD, 4K resolutions are supported), quality (low, medium, high, ultra).
Keep in mind that very high quality means a significant increase in the size of the output video file.
- Click on the “Export” button.
- After saving the video on the computer, the video can be uploaded to YouTube, or sent to Google Drive or Dropbox cloud storage.
Adding an audio track to a video
When performing the previous operation, we cut from the video and saved the desired fragment as an output file. Now I need to add another audio file to this video, instead of the music that sounds in the video clip.
To complete this task, go through the following steps:
- Add video and audio files to “Library”.
- Drag the video and music soundtrack (for example, in MP3 format) to the timeline.
- Highlight the audio on the timeline, click “Trim” to remove unwanted fragments from the music. In my case, I selected a suitable audio fragment from an audio file and cut it to fit the video clip.
- Click on the “Audio” button to adjust the sound settings.
- Click on the video file on the timeline and then click on the “Audio” button.
The original video file contains an audio track. Therefore, we need to decide what to do next: turn down the volume, adjust the original audio to the added audio track, or remove the embedded audio.
- To remove the original audio track from the video file, you must uncheck the box next to the “Use original audio” item, and then click on the “Finish” button.
- Run the player to play and check the result of our manipulations.
- Click on the Export Video button.
- Select the appropriate settings, and then save the file to your computer.
As a result, you will have a video with different music or voice accompaniment.
See also: Create a video from photos for free in the Photos app
How to add text to video
It is often necessary to insert certain text into a video file, such as the title of the video. Icecream Video Editor will help solve this problem.
Do the following:
- Add the original video file to the “Library” and then drag it to the timeline.
- Click on the “Text” button.
Here you need to select the appropriate options:
- Location — Select one of 9 locations for text on the video.
- Size – select the size of the text.
- Speed - determines the speed of text animation.
- Style (bottom elements) – select the style of the text from the proposed options.
- Make the necessary settings, controlling the result using the built-in player.
- Click on the “Finish” button.
- To save the file to your PC, click on the “Export video” button.
- Select video options, and then save the video.
How to slow down or speed up a video
In some cases, you may need to change the playback speed of the video file.
You may also be interested in:
- How to Extract Audio from Video – 7 Ways
- Free Video Editor – edit and remove fragments from video
Go through the steps in Icecream Video Editor:
- Add video first to the program’s media library, then to the timeline.
- Click on the “Image Properties” button.
- In the Scene Setup: General window, in the Speed setting, move the slider to increase or decrease the video playback speed.
- After selecting the desired option, click on the “Finish” button.
- In the video editor window, click on the “Export video” button.
- After selecting the video options, save the finished project to your computer.
The free program Icecream Video Editor is designed for editing and editing videos in the Windows operating system. With the help of the program, you can perform the necessary work with the original video file: trim or merge files, add music or voiceover, extract the audio track, flip or flip the video, add text, filters and effects.