Let’s figure out how to take a screenshot on Android, on smartphone models from well-known manufacturers running different versions of the Android operating system. Screenshot (screenshot, screenshot) – a screen image at the time of capturing an image on the device display.
Many users sooner or later face the need to take a screenshot of a smartphone or tablet running the Android operating system. When you take a screenshot, the smartphone’s screen is captured in its current state, then the screenshot is saved to the device.
- How to take a screenshot on Android phone: a universal way
- How to take a screenshot on a Samsung smartphone – 1 way
- How to take a screenshot on Android on Samsung mobile devices – method 2
- Taking a screenshot on a Samsung smartphone – 3 way
- Taking a screenshot on a Samsung phone – 4 way
- How to take a screenshot on Xiaomi
- How to take a screenshot on an ASUS smartphone
- How to take a screenshot on Lenovo
- How to take a screenshot on Huawei and Honor
- How to take a screenshot on an LG smartphone
- Taking a screenshot on a ZTE phone
- How to take a screenshot on an HTC smartphone
- How to view screenshots on a smartphone
- Article Conclusions
The user decides what to do next with the received screenshot: the image can be left in a folder on the phone, sent to the cloud storage, shared with friends on social networks, such as Instagram, transfer the photo to a computer, etc.
It is not always obvious how to use the screenshot function on mobile device models from different manufacturers, because the process of starting a screenshot can be very different even on smartphones of the same brand. The Android operating system is constantly evolving, new versions of the OS are coming out, new features appear there, this directly concerns the ability to create screenshots.
How to take a screenshot on an Android smartphone if the user does not understand how to use the useful functionality? In the article, we will look at how to take a screenshot of the screen on Android in several ways on phone models from well-known manufacturers, in different versions of the Android operating system.
How to take a screenshot on Android phone: a universal way
The initial versions of the Android operating system did not have the function of creating screenshots using system tools. Starting with Android 3.2 and later, the ability to create a screenshot using the system tools has been implemented.
Starting with Android 4.0 and higher, a universal way to create screenshots has appeared that works on most modern smartphones.
In order to take a screenshot of a smartphone, you need to go through several sequential steps:
- Open the screen you want to save as an image.
- Simultaneously press the “Power” button (Enable, Power), and the “Volume Down” button, holding both buttons for a few seconds.
- Then the shutter sound of the camera will be heard, and a reduced image of the screen will appear on the screen, in the form of a separate picture. The screenshot will be saved on the device in a folder along the path: “/Pictures/Screenshots”.
- A screenshot icon will appear at the top of the screen.
The universal method works on most smartphones, unless the manufacturer of the mobile device has made changes to the way the screenshot function works.
Starting with Android 6.0 and above, the operating system has added the “Google Now on Tap” function, with which screenshots are taken.
- Press and hold the Home button.
- From the Share menu, select Screenshot.
In the screenshots taken in this way, there is no notification curtain, the image shows only the main part of the smartphone screen.
Another way to take a screenshot:
- Hold down the “Power” button for a few seconds.
- Select “Screenshot”.
Many manufacturers add a screenshot feature to their brands of mobile phones, called in ways that differ from each other, depending on the brand, or on the smartphone model. Later in the article, we will look at several examples of the screen capture trigger function used on devices from popular mobile technology manufacturers.
How to take a screenshot on a Samsung smartphone – 1 way
On most Samsung smartphones, the following method works:
- Press the Home key and the Power button at the same time for a few seconds.
- After clicking the camera shutter, a screenshot will be created on the device.
How to take a screenshot on Android on Samsung mobile devices – method 2
The following screenshot method works on early Samsung models:
- Press the Home and Back keys at the same time.
- Hold the keys in this position for a couple of seconds.
Taking a screenshot on a Samsung smartphone – 3 way
On Samsung phone models that do not have a mechanical “Home” key, a universal method works: simultaneously pressing the “Power” and “Volume Down” buttons on a mobile device.
Taking a screenshot on a Samsung phone – 4 way
Another way is to take a screenshot with the palm of your hand, which works on the flagship Samsung S, Samsung Note, and some mid-range models. With a simple gesture, it’s easy to take a screenshot without using the buttons on your mobile device.
- First, make sure that this function is activated in your phone settings (sections “Management”, “Palm control”).
- Select the Screenshot setting.
- Swipe the edge of your hand over your smartphone screen to create Sanskrit.
How to take a screenshot on Xiaomi
On Xiaomi smartphone models (Xiaomi, Xiaomi) there are several ways to take screenshots.
- Press the Menu button and the Volume Down button at the same time.
- Swipe down from the notification menu shade, and then tap on the Screenshot button.
- Press the “Menu” touch key below the display screen and the “Volume Down” button simultaneously (on MIUI 7 and older).
- On MIUI 8 and later, you can activate the screenshot function in the Quick Ball application, which is performed using the scissors icon.
- In MIUI 8 and older, it is possible to take screenshots using a three-finger gesture, this option must be activated in the advanced settings of the device.
How to take a screenshot on an ASUS smartphone
On Asus mobile devices, including ASUS ZenPhone, you can take a screenshot in many ways.
By simultaneously pressing the “Power” and “Volume Down” buttons, the universal method works.
On an ASUS smartphone, you can take a screenshot of the display using the Recent Apps button:
- Enter “Settings”, then “ASUS Custom Settings”, select “Recent Apps Button”.
- Activate the “Press and hold to take a screenshot” option.
- After that, on the Asus smartphone, when you press and hold the “Recent Apps” button for a few seconds, the screenshot creation function will work.
How to take a screenshot on Lenovo
On Lenovo (Lenovo) smartphones, a universal method for creating screenshots, described above in the article, works.
On some Lenovo models, a screenshot can be taken using the “Screenshot” button, which is located in the pop-up menu from the notification shade.
How to take a screenshot on Huawei and Honor
On Huawei (Huawei) and Honor (Honor) smartphones, there are several options to get a screen of the device display:
- A universal method using the “Power” and “Volume Down” buttons.
- Some models support the following mode: you must hold the “Power” button, and in the menu that opens, press the “Screenshot” button (in the form of scissors).
- On some devices, the notification menu has an icon for taking a screenshot.
How to take a screenshot on an LG smartphone
In order to take a screenshot on an LG smartphone, you can use the universal method.
Most smartphones come pre-installed with the QuickMemo+ application, with which you can take screenshots:
- Swipe down from the top of the display to open the notifications panel.
- Click on the Quick Memo or Qmemo+ icon to take a screenshot.
Taking a screenshot on a ZTE phone
ZTE mobile devices use a universal way to take a screenshot. On some models of smartphones, the ability to create a screenshot using gestures is implemented. This feature must be enabled in the device settings.
How to take a screenshot on an HTC smartphone
The following methods work on HTC mobile phones:
- Simultaneously pressing the “Volume Down” and “Power” keys.
- Simultaneously pressing the “Home” and “Power” keys.
How to view screenshots on a smartphone
By default, screenshots are saved in the “Screenshots” folder on the phone’s internal memory.
To open screenshots, click on the “Gallery” icon, in “Albums” select “Screenshots”. On the latest versions of Android, click on the “Photos” icon, select “Screenshots”.
In this article, we looked at different ways to take a screenshot of a smartphone screen on Android. The Android operating system has universal ways to create a screenshot, in addition, mobile device manufacturers add their own functionality for creating screenshots on a smartphone.