To access the Internet, users use a specialized application – an Internet browser, or in other words – a browser. In addition to the browser installed by default in the Windows operating system, users can independently install such programs on their devices.
If this browser, judging by its popularity, is a good program, then why delete (uninstall) this application from a PC, is it possible to delete Yandex Browser? Of course, the user can remove the Yandex browser, like any other program, if there are reasons for this.
In the most common scenario, the user does not plan to continue using this browser on their computer. This Internet browser will replace other similar programs. The Windows operating system has a built-in browser, Microsoft Edge or Internet Explorer, that you can use to visit web pages on sites.
There is also a more serious reason. The fact is that Yandex Browser does not always appear on a PC at the request of the user. In some cases, Yandex Browser penetrates the device along with other software as an additional “burden”.
With both options, the user needs to completely remove Yandex Browser from the computer. Some people ask about how to remove Yandex Browser permanently. A positive answer to this question largely depends on the care and actions of the user himself in the future, after uninstalling the browser from the computer.
In this article, we will analyze the removal of Yandex Browser by several methods:
- in the standard way in Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7;
- using a system optimization application;
- using a specialized uninstaller program:
- we will carry out manual deletion of files and browser data.
The instructions in this guide to uninstall Yandex browser use free programs. You can use other similar applications.
How to remove Yandex browser from a computer in Windows 10
First, we will try the standard way to remove Yandex browser from the operating system in Windows 10.
Do the following:
- Right click on the start menu.
- From the menu, launch Options.
- In the Settings app window, go to Apps.
- In the “Applications and Features” tab, find “Yandex”.
- Click on the Yandex program with the left mouse button, click on the “Delete” button.
- In the “This application and all its data will be deleted” window, click on the “Delete” button.
- In the window “Do you want to remove or reinstall Yandex.Browser?” click on the “Delete” button.
- In the window that opens, if necessary, check the box next to “Delete browser settings, browsing history and other data? They cannot be restored.”, and then click on the “Delete browser” button.
How to remove Yandex Browser from a computer Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1
Now we will see how to remove Yandex Browser in Windows 8 or Windows 7 using the standard method. This method works the same on Windows operating systems.
Go through the following steps:
- Press the “Win” + “R” keys.
- In the Run dialog box, type “control panel” and then press the “Enter” key.
- In the Control Panel “Make PC settings” window (view mode – “Small icons”), select “Programs and Features”.
- In the “Uninstall or change a program” window, find Yandex Browser. In the list of installed programs in the Windows operating system, it is designated as “Yandex”.
- Right-click on the Yandex program, in the context menu, click on “Delete”.
- In the warning window, click on the “Delete” button.
- In the next window, if necessary, check the box “Delete browser settings, browsing history and other data?”, And then click on the “Delete browser” button.
How to uninstall Yandex Browser in CCleaner
The user can uninstall the browser using the free CCleaner program. This application is designed to optimize the Windows operating system. The program includes a module for uninstalling unnecessary applications from a PC.
- In the main CCleaner window, open the “Tools” tab.
- In the “Uninstall programs” section, find and select “Yandex” (Publisher – Yandex LLC).
- Click on the “Uninstall” button.
After that, this program will be removed from the computer.
You can use other similar comprehensive Windows optimizer applications to remove unnecessary programs from your computer.
How to completely remove Yandex browser from a computer in Geek Uninstaller
Geek Uninstaller is a free uninstaller program. This is a portable application that does not require installation on a computer. With the help of Geek Uninstaller, we will remove Yandex Browser from your computer.
To completely remove unnecessary software from your PC, use specialized uninstaller programs. You can choose the appropriate application for these purposes yourself.
Perform the following procedure:
- Launch the Geek Uninstaller on your computer.
- Find “Yandex” in the list of installed programs.
- Right-click on the application, select “Uninstall …” from the drop-down menu.
- A window of the regular Yandex browser uninstaller will open, in which you need to click on the “Delete” button.
- In the next window, check the box “Delete browser settings, browsing history and other data? They will not be recoverable.” and then click “Delete browser”.
- In the “Some parts of the program remain” window, click on the “Uninstall” button to complete the uninstallation of the program.
How to remove Yandex Browser manually – 1 way
It happens that users are faced with a situation where Yandex Browser is not in the list of installed programs, specialized applications do not find it, but the browser is present on the computer.
In this case, you will need to delete browser files manually. The user needs to detect all browser folders and then delete their contents.
First, make sure the browser is not currently running on the PC:
- Open Task Manager .
- In the “Processes” tab, see if there is “Yandex” in running applications. If the program is present, right-click on the application and select “End task” from the context menu.
The Yandex Browser data folders are located on the PC in the following path (in 32-bit Windows, the “Program Files” folder without “x86” is used):
C:\ProgramData\Yandex\YandexBrowser C:\Program Files (x86)\Yandex\YandexBrowser C:\Users\Username\AppData\Local\Yandex\YandexBrowser
Some of these folders are hidden from the user by default. To solve this problem, you need to enable the display of hidden folders and files in the operating system settings.
Manually delete all specified folders with browser files from the computer. After such a removal of browser files, entries in the Windows registry will remain on the computer, but the presence of these entries will not affect the operation of the operating system in any way.
Removing Yandex Browser manually – 2 way
The next option involves manually starting the uninstallation of Yandex Browser, if other methods do not help.
The browser installation file is located in a hidden folder in the user’s profile. You will need to change the settings for showing hidden folders and files in Windows in order to find browsing data.
Do the following:
- You will need to follow the path:
- In the “Application” folder, open the folder with the number of the current version of the browser, and then go to the “Installer” folder.
The “Installer” folder contains the browser installation file – “setup”.
- Right-click on the “setup” file, in the context menu, click on the “Create Shortcut” item.
- Right-click on the shortcut, select “Properties”.
- In the properties window of the setup file shortcut, in the “Shortcut” tab, in the “Object” field, the path to the “setup” file is indicated.
- You will need to add an option to remove the browser. Type “space”, two “dashes” in a row, then “uninstall”.
The path in the “Object” field looks like this:
- Click on the “OK” button.
- Run the shortcut, and then go through the browser removal steps described above in the article.
Yandex browser is one of the most popular Internet browsers in the Russian segment of the Internet. For various reasons, the user may need to remove the Yandex browser from their computer.
To remove Yandex Browser from the Windows operating system, you can use several methods: standard uninstallation by a system tool, using an optimizer or uninstaller program, or manually by deleting folders and files of an unnecessary application.