How to Increase Photo Resolution: Viewing photos with low resolution is definitely less pleasing to the eye. Moreover, if the resolution is low, the image will blur or break when trying to enlarge. Don’t be sad, because it turns out that there are various ways to increase photo resolution that you can try to use.
This one solution can be practiced with or without using software. I just choose which one is the easiest to use according to my wishes and needs. Curious about how to easily increase the resolution of a photo so that the image is not blurry when enlarged? Come on, follow some of the steps here.
How to Increase Photo Resolution: 12 Ways
If you are Windows user, you must be familiar with the image editing software called Paint. Paint is an application or software that is found by default on the Windows operating system. However, many people do not know if Paint can be used to increase the size of JPG images.
In terms of features, Paint is certainly much simpler when compared to similar software like Photoshop. Here’s how to increase the resolution of a photo using Paint.
- The first step, prepare the image to be edited first.
- Next, right-click on the image and select “Open with”. Then, select the “Paint” software.
- Finish opening, click on the top menu named “Resize”. A popupmenu will appear and select “Pixels”. Determine the desired size, then change it to a larger size such as 1000×665 pixels. When finished, please click “OK”.
- The image will automatically become larger. If it is in accordance with the wishes, then the next thing is to just save it by clicking the “File” menu then selecting “Save As” and looking for the storage location that will be used.
Upscaler can be used to enlarge the pixels of online photos if you don’t have Paint software . Upscaler itself is an online image size enlargement application using AI ( Artificial Intelligence ) technology. So, the resulting image will be of better quality than the original image. The steps that can be used are as follows:
- First, visit the page by typing “Upscaler” in your browser of choice.
- After that, find and select the “Upload” menu, then upload the previously prepared image.
- Wait a moment, then check the quality directly if you see it. In addition, there is also a feature to enlarge up to 4x the original size.
- If you are satisfied with the results, you can download the image.
For this next option, you can use Adobe Photoshop. As previously noted, this application is one that is quite reliable in terms of photo editing. Here’s how to increase the resolution of a photo with Photoshop.
- First, please first open the Adobe Photoshop photo editing application on the device. If you haven’t downloaded it yet, please download it first.
- Next, find the image or photo you want to change the resolution for. A quick way to open an image or photo is to use CTRL + O.
- If the image or photo that you want to change the resolution is already open, then the next thing is to find and click Image > Image size or you can directly press CTRL + ALT + I when the image or photo to be edited is open.
- Then, in the Resolutionsection, you can fill in the desired resolution. Fill it with a larger value so that the image or photo can be clearer or not broken. When finished, then press OK.
- Finally, you just saves the photo or image. The trick is to click file> save as and set the storage location.
Waifu2x can be an option or a way to increase the resolution of online photos . Waifu2x itself is a feature to increase photo resolution developed by a Japanese developer . The appearance of this page seems simple but still functional. Therefore, you can use it well. This online application can be used on computers, android, laptops, and so on. Need internet connection to use this application. Here are the steps.
- The first step, open the website on the page http://waifu2x.udp.jp
- If it can be opened, then enter the photo or image that has been selected. The trick is to click “Choose File” then select a photo file.
- Next, do the settings in the settings section then in the “Style” section, select “Photo”.
- Then, in the “Noise Reduction” section select “High”.
- For the “Upscaling” section, select 2x.
- The final step is to click “Convert”.
- Next a new page will open where the page can be used to save the photo, click Save As.
- The page will then immediately process the photo, which can later be opened on a computer or smartphone.
This online application has the flexibility for you to be able to reduce the size of the image, but can also change the resolution of HD photos. Image Optimizer is also an image optimizer tool, so it can be made to compress images. Here’s how to use it.
- The first step, visit the page at http://imageoptimizer.net/Pages/Home.aspx
- Then, click on the “Choose File” button.
- After selecting the button, a new window will appear. Select the image you want to process.
- Then, click on the “Open” button in the window.
- Select the image quality you want to use, such as Normal, Best Quality, Minimum Quality, and so on.
- Also determine the size of “Max Width” and “Max Height” according to your wishes and needs.
- Then, click on the “Optimize Now” button.
- If a message “Your Image is now optimized”, it means that the image has been optimized to the desired size.
- Click the “Download to your computer” button to download the image.
The next way to HD images via the web is Resizeimage.net. In this site, you can adjust the size of an image that can be adjusted to the needs. For more details, follow the steps below.
- The first step, please go to the site.
- If you are logged in and connected, there will be a button to upload a photo that you want to increase the resolution later.
- Next, click on the “Upload an Image” option to upload the image.
- Select the desired image or photo, then click “Open”.
- Scroll to the bottom, then adjust the resolution to your individual needs and desires in the “Resize Your Image” option.
- You can also choose the output image format such as JPG, PNG, GIF or BMP.
- When finished, please click the “Resize Image” option.
- Wait a moment until the process is complete, then click “Download Image” to download the result.
How to increase photo resolution using Compressjpeg can be done as follows:
- First of all, first open the Compress Jpeg site through the browser on your device. Here’s the link https://compressjpeg.com/
- Next, drag the image or photo file from the folder on the Sedulur device. Enter it into the “Drop Your Files Here” section, or you can also click Upload Files and then select the photo or image you want to change the resolution.
- Next, wait until the process is complete.
- When finished, click the “Download” option at the bottom of the compressed photo or image. If the picture is just If more than one, you can press the “Download All” button.
8. Photo Compress
For those who are Android smartphone users, they can increase the image resolution on the device. One application that can be used easily is the Photo compress application. Here’s how to increase photo resolution using Photo Compress:
- First, install the Photo Compress app on the Google Play Store.
- Once installed, run the Photo Compress application.
- Then, select or open the “Pick An Image From Gallery” menu.
- Select the image or photo you want to enlarge.
- In the middle menu, select “Resize image”.
- Click the pixel menu and set the number according to your needs and desires. For example, you can use numbers like 1280*600 or something else.
- After that, click Resizeand wait for it to finish.
How to increase the resolution of an image so that it doesn’t break in Photoshop can indeed be done, however, if you wants something simpler and easier to use even for beginners, then the answer is Kraken.io. Here are the steps:
- First, prepare an image or photo that you want to optimize for resolution. Can use any image that has a slightly larger size.
- Then, go to the link https://kraken.io/web-interface
- Then, select “File uploader” and click on the box below. you can choose which one to upload by entering a new window and uploading it there.
- Choose any optimization to be done. Can see Lossy, Lossless , or Expert .
- At the bottom, select the size of the desired length and width of the photo after the upscalingprocess is carried out.
- Next, import to a Google Driveor Dropbox account and check the Account to see if the image has been uploaded there.
- Download the photos or images that are there one by one.
10. Let’s Enhance
How to increase the resolution of jpg images can also be done using the free Let’s Enhance page. Here are the steps.
- First, go to the “Let’s Enhance” site at https://letsenhance.io/boost.
- To upload an image, click the “Click Here to Upload Image” button.
- Select Upscaling and Enhancement. Then, select the Photos and Art option to enlarge the image.
- Set the image size as desired by selecting “Advance Settings”.
- Click “Start Processing” to start the process.
- Save the photo on the device.
11. Enlarge photos on Mac
For MacBook users, you must be confused about how to increase the resolution of photos that you can try. The steps can be seen below.
- First, open the photo you want to enlarge the resolution.
- Click on the “Show Markup Toolbar” menu.
- Next, press “Adjust Size”.
- Fill in the “Width” and “Length” according to the resolution requirements.
ILoveIMG can be the right solution if you wants to sharpen the resolution of online images. Here are the steps.
- First, first open the ILoveIMG site in the Resize Imagesection through the browser on the device.
- Then, press “Select Image”, then select the desired photo or image.
- For the Widthand Height , can be filled with a value larger than the original size in order to increase the resolution.
- when finished, click “Resize Images”.
- The image will automatically download.