Instructions for hiding apps on different smartphones.
There are several ways to hide apps on your smartphone from prying eyes. On some models, a built-in hiding function is available, on others only third-party programs will help. We tell you how to hide an application on your phone in different ways.
How to hide system apps through smartphone settings?
This method allows you to hide system applications that cannot be removed. To do this, the user must:
- Open “Settings”.
- Select “Apps” or “Manage Applications”.
- Find and click on the app you want to hide.
- Click on the “Disable” button and confirm the action.
Important! Applications hidden in this way cannot be used. Disabling applications is more relevant in this case.
How to hide an app on OnePlus smartphone?
A built-in feature on OnePlus smartphones allows you to hide apps as well as restrict access to them with a password or fingerprint. To hide an application, you must:
- Go to the application menu.
- Swipe right.
- Click on the “+” icon in the upper right corner.
- Select the apps you want to hide and confirm the action.
To connect a password, you need to click on the ellipsis in the corner and select the appropriate item.
How to hide an app on a Samsung smartphone?
To hide apps on Samsung, follow the instructions:
- Open the application menu.
- Click on the three dots in the corner of the screen next to the search bar.
- Select Home Screen Options.
- Scroll down and select Hide Apps.
- Select the desired applications and click Apply.
How to hide the app on Huawei and Honor smartphones?
On these smartphones, the Private Space feature is located in the settings. With it, you can hide applications and protect them with a password. To activate it, you need:
- Go to the “Security and Privacy” settings section.
- Select “Private Space”.
- Follow all instructions.
- Add desired apps to hide them.
How to hide app on Xiaomi smartphone?
Before you can hide an app, you need to enable the built-in feature. For this you need:
- In the phone settings, select the “Application lock” item.
- Click on the gear icon.
- Enable the Hidden Apps option.
- Click on “Manage hidden apps”.
- Select the apps you want to hide.
How to hide an app on an LG smartphone?
There are two ways to hide apps on LG phone. If an “app drawer” is available on it, the user needs to:
- Open the application drawer.
- Click on the three dots in the corner of the screen.
- Select the Hide Apps option.
- Select the desired applications.
- Confirm selection.
If “app drawer” is missing, you can hide apps as follows:
- Open the “Home screen” section in the settings.
- Select “Display”.
- Select Home Screen Settings.
- Open the “Hide Applications” menu.
- Select applications and click Finish.
How to hide an app using a third party launcher?
Third-party launchers allow you to change the default phone interface and hide app icons that will run in the background. To do this, follow the instructions.
- Download Apex Launcher (you can install Nova Launcher instead).
- Click on an empty space on the display and select Apex Settings from the menu that opens.
- Select the “Application menu settings” section.
- Select Hidden Apps.
- Check the boxes next to the desired applications and click “Save”.
Nova Launcher allows you to change the icons and names of applications, but outsiders can still open and use them.
How to hide apps with Hide It Pro?
Hide Pictures – Hide It Pro is a third-party program that can be downloaded from Google Play. With it, you can hide application icons and restrict access to them with a password, you only need root rights. The downloaded program will be called “Audio Manager” so as not to attract the attention of strangers.
To hide apps with this program, you need to:
- Download and install Hide It Pro on your phone.
- Open the program, follow the instructions and select the type of protection (PIN code or password).
- Enter your email address to be able to restore access.
- Hold your finger on the name of the application (in the application itself), then enter the password.
- Click on the “Hide Apps” button.
- Select and hide the desired applications, which will be located in the “Hidden Applications” section.
You can find similar apps on Google Play, such as App Hider, Smart Hide Calculator and others. The principle of their work is the same.
How to hide an app using secure folder?
On some smartphones, such as the Samsung Galaxy, the ability to create secure folders is available. For this you need:
- Go to settings and select the “Biometrics and security” section.
- Select “Secure Folder” and follow the phone’s instructions.