Microsoft does everything to protect you from malicious software, but sometimes the protection is too drastic and prevents you from installing programs. Users reported software issues due to ‘Your Administrator Has Blocked This Program’ error.
Check your antivirus software
Sometimes the antivirus will enforce a policy that prevents certain programs from starting. First of all, check your antivirus settings. Didn’t find your parameters? Then try disabling your antivirus. In a situation where your software is causing a problem, consider switching to a different antivirus solution.
Use command line to set permission
Setting permission is an easy workaround, but you’ll have to use it every time you want to install new software on your account.
- Write “cmd” in the search bar.
- In the list of results, you will see “Command Prompt”.
- Select “Run as administrator”.
- Using the command line, you will have to find the file you want to run. Enter cd followed by the folder location.
- Now just enter the name of the file you want to run followed by the file extension.
- Using the method described above, you will make the application run with administrator rights on your PC.
Activate hidden admin profile
Enable administrator account and install the app. Activations:
- Open a command prompt.
- Type “net user administrator / active: yes”.
- Log out of your account.
- Sign in to your new profile.
- Install the app.
- Go back to your profile.
Do you want to disable hidden account?
- Enter net user administrator / active: no at the command line
The inclusion is not permanent, you will have to do this after each restart of the PC.
Disable Windows SmartScreen
If you don’t have an admin profile, enable it as we explained in the previous method.
- Enter “Settings”.
- Go to the Update & Security section.
- Click “Open Windows Security Center”.
- Now click on “Manage Apps and Browsers”.
- Set all options to Off.
- To turn off SmartScreen, you will need to set the checkbox for Scan programs and files, Microsoft Edge SmartScreen and Windows Store SmartScreen to Off.
- This is a permanent solution, but if for some reason you don’t want users to install the software, go back and turn on SmartScreen.