Are you having problems with Windows 7, 8.1, Windows 10? If your device fails to boot properly, you notice some problems with the winload.exe protocol (winload.exe is missing corrupt), then we recommend you follow the steps below to resolve the issue.
Use Startup Repair
In order to fix winload.exe, you need to rebuild the Boot Configuration Data protocol , abbreviated as BCD. Contains data and configurations for loading Windows.
- Make sure to use the Windows 8 / 8.1 / 10 installation DVD.
- Insert the disc and restart your computer.
- You will be prompted to press any button to boot from DVD USB.
- Wait while the installation files are downloaded.
- In the main menu, select ” Troubleshooting “.
- With System Restore options, click Command Prompt .
- A cmd window will appear on the screen ; enter ” bootrec / rebuildbcd “> Enter .
- Wait while the command is running.
- On cmd enter ” exit “> enter .
- Unplug the DVD and restart your device.
Delete the Windows.old folder
Windows.old folder causes various .exe file errors. As a quick reminder, the Windows.old folder appears when you upgrade your operating system or perform a clean install of the OS. The role of this folder is to preserve the previous installation files so that you can restore it.
- Type ” Disk Cleanup ” -> select your C drive – > click ” Clean up system files “.
- Wait while the utility calculates how much space to free up -> go to the Advanced Options tab .
- Then click on ” System Restore ” -> ” Shadow Copies ” -> ” Clean Up “.
If the above two solutions are unsuccessful, try reinstalling the OS.