STOP errors 0x0000007b are caused by problems with drivers (in particular, related to the hard disk), viruses, data corruption, hardware failures. Most often, the STOP message appears, which is commonly called the “blue screen of death” (BSOD).
If Windows is unable to start after an improper shutdown, you will be prompted to restore the system.
How to fix it:
- The simplest thing is to restart your computer. Further, a spontaneous error may occur, affecting the operation of the system. Cancel the action if the hard drive driver has been updated to a version on which the system was stable.
- Make sure the BIOS settings are correct.
- Scan your PC for viruses. Some of them infect the boot record (MBR) and boot sector.
- Change the SATA mode in BIOS to IDE mode. Disabling some of the SATA drive functionality can resolve the STOP error 0x0000007b.
- Depending on the available BIOS version, SATA mode can be called Legacy, AHCI, ATA or compatibility mode.
- Enable shkdsk to scan for errors.
- Check with specialized programs, for example Victoria hdd. If the hard drive has a physical problem, only replacing it with a new one will help . Gradually, the disk will lose its performance, while losing important data, eventually failing without a chance to restore your files.
- Clear CMOS. Sometimes STOP 0x0000007b is caused by a BIOS memory issue. To do this, you need to disconnect the PC from the network, get to the motherboard, then remove the BIOS battery connector for 30 seconds. After that, the BIOS settings will be reset, we put everything back in place and check for an error.
- The outdated BIOS may not be compatible with the hard disk controller, so we update it.
- We check the operability of the RAM. In the event of a failure, there may be no obvious signs, but such an option should not be ruled out.