Social Club error code 1 “Unable to load Social Club due to incomplete game installation” occurs during the launch of the Rockstar Games Launcher (hereinafter referred to as RGL). It is important to note that the error can appear before players with other codes, such as code 4 and code 9, however, in essence, they are the same problem. Most often, players of Grand Theft Auto 5 or GTA Online encounter this error.
- Reasons for the error
- Potential solutions Social Club code 1
- Solution #1 Checking Social Club Services
- Solution #2 Checking the network connection
- Solution #3 Deactivate Windows Security Features
- Solution #4 Run RGL over VPN
Reasons for the error
There are several reasons for the error to appear:
- problems with the Rockstar Games game servers;
- unstable network connection of the player;
- Windows security is preventing the RGL and Social Club services from running properly on the player’s computer.
Potential solutions Social Club code 1
Solution #1 Checking Social Club Services
The first step is to check if everything is fine with the RGL and Social Club services on the official Rockstar Games website . If everything is in order on the page for checking the status of services, then the problem is clearly something else – go to the next step. If you see that some of the services are inactive or restricted in access, then you have no choice but to wait for the problem to be solved by the developers themselves. During the day, services should resume their normal operations.
Solution #2 Checking the network connection
In some cases, RGL and Social Club may deny access to a user if the latter does not have a stable network connection. To fix possible problems with the Internet, do the following:
- press WIN + S to call the search engine;
- write the query Command line, click on the result found with RMB and select “Run as administrator”;
- run the following four commands in the console:
- netsh winsock reset
- netsh int ip reset all
- netsh winhttp reset proxy
- ipconfig /flushdns
- restart your PC.
Now go to the Speedtest website and test your network connection speed. Then open RGL again and check for Social Club error code 1.
Solution #3 Deactivate Windows Security Features
Windows security (antivirus and firewall) may prevent Rockstar Games software from working properly. You need to go into the system settings and deactivate some of its security features. Do the following:
- press WIN+I to open system parameters;
- go to the “Virus protection” section and select “Manage settings”;
- deactivate the “Real-time protection” option;
- go back a little and go to the “Firewall and network security” section;
- turn off the firewall for the domain, private, and public networks.
That’s it, Windows Security has been (partially) deactivated. This time RGL can run without any errors.
Solution #4 Run RGL over VPN
Some players claim that they managed to bypass Social Club code 1 by running RGL through a VPN. True, this is not quite a solution to the problem, but rather a workaround, but according to all the same messages on the network, you only need to do this once. We launch RGL through VPN once – and the error will disappear.