Some Photoshop users face Photoshop Configuration Error 1 when trying to launch the program. Let’s consider the potential causes of the failure and what are the ways to solve the problem. In the article:
- Factors of appearance of configuration error 1.
- Error correction methods.
Configuration error 1 occurrence factors
The reasons for the occurrence of Photoshop error 1 are as follows:
- Damaged application executable.
- Failure to write the register in applications related to Adobe Photoshop.
- A virus that has damaged system or FS related files.
- Conflict with other applications, resulting in deletion of related files.
Error correction methods
We present several ways to fix the problem in Photoshop:
- Checking the system for malicious utilities.
- Removing temporary debris.
- Installing Windows Updates.
- Reinstall adobe photoshop.
System scan for malware
Sometimes the problem lies in the presence of a virus that can damage or delete necessary files on the system.
- Open your antivirus and run a deep scan of the OS.
- Remove any pests you find.
- Reboot your computer.
- Try to run FSH.
Removing system junk
Windows tend to accumulate garbage in the form of temporary documents, and this can lead to a conflict with Adobe FS. To clean up with Disk Cleanup, follow these steps:
- Go to the start menu.
- In the search, type command, BUT do not press enter.
- Hold CTRL + Shift, then hit enter.
- A window will open asking you to authorize the action.
- Click Yes.
- Once in the command window, type in cleanmgr and press Enter.
- The utility will be launched, calculating the amount of occupied space.
- A window with a series of checkmarks will appear. Check the boxes next to the sections you want to delete, including the Temporary Files category.
Installing Windows Updates
Error 1, among other things, sometimes appears due to outdated drivers or the latest OS updates not shipped. To install the latest version of updates, you need to do the following:
- Go to Start.
- Type update in the search box and press enter.
- The Windows Update window will appear.
- Check for available updates and start installing them.
Reinstall adobe photoshop
The solution to the problem that has arisen can be the reinstallation of Adobe FSH.
- Go to the control panel.
- Find the “Add / Remove Programs” section.
- Find Adobe Photoshop or adobe Master Collection in the list.
- Run the uninstall utility.
- Reboot your computer.
- Install Photoshop or Adobe Collection again.