How to find out the processor on a mobile device running on Android, some users ask this question in the process of getting to know the technical features of a smartphone or tablet. Getting general information is easy enough, but finding detailed information, on the contrary, is not as easy as it seems at first glance.
Information about which processor is installed on the phone will be needed by the user in order to understand the capabilities of this mobile device. They will help evaluate the device on important indicators by comparing the data obtained with other smartphones or tablets.
The central processor is the most important part of a mobile device; the processing power of the entire device and the speed of performing tasks depend on it. For a balanced operation of a mobile device, of course, other equipment of the device also plays an important role.
Productive operation of the device primarily depends on the capabilities of the processor, and then on everything else. With a relatively weak processor, a mobile phone running on the Android operating system, with active use, will slightly slow down in operation.
Modern mobile devices mainly use one, two, four, six, eight and ten-core chips operating at different clock frequencies. The overall performance of the central processor depends on the number of cores, frequency, architecture, and the manufacturer of the device.
The performance of the processor determines which games can be played on a smartphone, and which 3D games should not even be installed on a mobile device, the ability to work in demanding applications.
There is a wide variety of processors that differ from each other in their main characteristics:
- According to the technical process, measured in nanometers, made according to a certain technology.
- By the number of CPU cores.
- According to the clock frequency, measured in gigahertz, on the value of which the calculated power of the processor depends.
Often, a graphics accelerator (GPU) is built into the chip, which has its own frequency and cores, on which the video subsystem of the device and graphics processing depend.
Processors similar in basic characteristics may have differences in architecture. Most smartphones use popular processor families: Qualcomm Snapdragon, MediaTek, Exynos, HiSilicon Kirin.
With the help of benchmarks: synthetic tests, such as AnTuTu, Geekbench, etc., compare the performance of phones from different brands and manufacturers.
Therefore, for an interested user, the answer to the question of how to find out which processor is installed on Android is relevant in order to obtain information about its characteristics.
How to find out the processor of a smartphone? There are several ways to answer this question, depending on what you want to know about the characteristics of the processor. It is easy enough to get general information, and to get detailed parameters, you will need to install a special application on your mobile device.
How to find out what processor is on an Android phone (general data)
The easiest way to find out general information about the processor without going into detailed characteristics: get information on the device itself, from the documentation for the smartphone, on the Internet.
- Enter “Settings”, click on the item “About phone”.
- On some models, you will have to select another setting item.
- As a result, the screen will display general information about the device, including the processor.
This method, basically, will allow you to find out the number of cores that the processor has and their clock speed.
For detailed processor specifications, you will have to use third-party applications from the Google Play Store. We will use the free programs CPU-Z and AIDA64, whose counterparts have been running on computers for a long time, and provide detailed information about the PC hardware.
How to find out which processor is on a smartphone in CPU-Z
The CPU-Z application is in English. In the app store, search for the CPU-Z program , and then follow these steps:
- Install the CPU-Z program on the device.
- Run the program, if necessary, give the application the necessary permissions.
- The application will open in the “SoC” tab, which contains information about the processor installed on this mobile device.
The SoC tab contains all the necessary information:
- The full name of the processor.
- Number of Cores.
- Architecture and revision information.
- Information about the technical process.
- Loading of processor cores at a given time.
- Data about the video accelerator installed on the chip.
Other tabs collect data on the following parameters:
- Device – general information about the device.
- System – system information.
- Battery – information about the battery of the device.
- Thermal – temperature on the device components
- Sensors – information about touch devices.
- About – information about the application.
How to find out the processor of a smartphone on Android in AIDA64
The AIDA64 program supports work in Russian. Install and then run the AIDA64 program on your mobile device.
In the first window of AIDA64, you need to select the “CPU” option.
In the next window, the program will show detailed information about the phone’s processor. The information is provided in Russian, so the user can easily understand it.
The AIDA64 application provides a wide variety of information about the mobile device. Useful data is grouped into sections: “System”, “CPU”, “Display”, “Network”, “Battery”, “Android”, “Devices”, “Temperature”, “Sensors”, “Apps”, “Codecs”, “Folders”, “System Files”, “About”.
In order to find out which processor is installed on an Android smartphone, the user needs to install a special application on their device. The CPU-Z and AIDA64 programs provide detailed information about the characteristics of the processor on a mobile device: smartphone or tablet.