I present to you instructions on how to disable Yandex Browser autorun on a computer running the Windows operating system. Many users have encountered situations when, immediately after loading the OS, the Yandex browser is launched.
Yandex Browser is an Internet browser created by Yandex, based on Chromium (engine – Blink). Taking advantage of its almost monopoly position as the leading search engine on the Runet, Yandex actively, and sometimes quite aggressively, distributes its product among Internet users.
The browser is promoted through the use of numerous Yandex services: search, e-mail, advertising service, etc. Thanks to this, Yandex.Browser has won a significant share of the Internet among Russian-speaking users.
Yandex Browser gets on the computer in different ways: some users install the browser on their devices on their own, the program gets to other users on the PC by non-obvious or workarounds.
Reasons for automatic launch of Yandex:
- Default program settings.
- The browser is in autoload.
- Malicious software actions.
After installing the program on a PC, Yandex Browser starts when the computer is turned on. The situation looks like this:
- The user presses the power button on their device – a laptop or desktop PC.
- The Windows operating system is loading.
- The Yandex Browser window opens on the Desktop.
Yandex Browser starts itself when the computer is turned on, regardless of the user’s desire. At this moment, the user may have completely different plans, for example, they need to work in some program, and at this time Yandex Browser is constantly opening on the PC.
We need to disable Yandex Browser autostart, which is performed when the computer is turned on. In this guide, we will analyze several ways to get out of this situation: changing browser settings, disabling a program in the startup list, disabling a task in the task scheduler, using third-party programs – Autoruns and CCleaner.
Disable autorun in Yandex browser settings
Consider the first solution to the problem: changing the settings in the application itself. By default, the developers have enabled the browser’s auto-start feature immediately after Windows boots.
After installation on a computer, a small window appears in the application window with an announcement that the browser has been added to the startup list. With this declaration, you can change this setting.
Most users do not pay attention or ignore such warnings due to inattention, and then they wonder why Yandex Browser automatically starts.
Go through the steps:
- In the open window of the program, click on the “Yandex Browser Settings” button (three bars) in the upper right corner.
- In the context menu that opens, select “Settings”.
- In the left menu, click on the “System” tab.
- In the “Launch Browser with Windows” option, click on the “Always” button.
- Select the “Never” option from the drop-down list.
In some cases, you may need to further change some settings. In the “Performance” section, uncheck the following items:
- Allow applications to run in the background after the browser is closed.
- Refresh the browser even if it is not running.
Along with the browser, other company applications are installed on the computer. Read the article on how to remove Alice from your computer or phone .
How to disable autoload Yandex Browser
Another method to remove the browser from startup: using the Windows system tools. There are settings in the operating system settings to control the startup of programs.
In Windows 10 and Windows 8 (Windows 8.1), the startup settings can be accessed from the Task Manager:
- Open Task Manager .
- In the Task Manager window, go to the Startup tab.
- Select the application, in our case, “Yandex”, click on the “Disable” button.
In the Windows 7 operating system, startup settings are located in the System Configuration utility:
- Press the “Win” + “R” keys.
- In the “Run” dialog box, enter the command: “msconfig”, press the “Enter” key.
- In the System Configuration window, open the Startup tab.
- Uncheck the “Yandex” box.
Disabling Yandex.Browser autorun in Windows 10 startup
Now let’s separately see where to disable Yandex browser autorun in the Windows 10 operating system. You can do this from the Settings application.
Go through the following steps:
- Right-click on the Start menu, in the context menu, click on Settings.
- In the Windows Settings window, select Applications.
- In the Applications window, open the Startup tab.
- In the list of programs that start with the system, find “Yandex”, move the switch slider to the “Disabled” position.
Removing the Yandex browser shortcut from the Windows startup folder
In some cases, you can use the method of removing the shortcut from the Startup folder.
Do the following:
- In the Run window or in the Explorer address bar, type “shell:startup” (without quotes).
- Press the “Enter” key.
- The contents of the Startup folder with application shortcuts will open in the Explorer window. If there is a Yandex Browser shortcut there, you can delete it.
Disable Yandex Browser autostart in Task Scheduler
Programs are often scheduled to start automatically in Windows settings. The system tool, the Task Scheduler, is responsible for this.
You need to do the following:
- Start Task Scheduler .
- In the scheduler window, in the folder tree, click on “Task Scheduler Library”
- The top center area of the application window displays a list of programs that have been scheduled to run.
- Find and select the task associated with the name “Yandex”.
- In the lower center area of the program is a description of the task.
- Click the Triggers and Actions tab to see what’s scheduled. In our case, the launch of the program at logon.
- Right-click on the selected Yandex task, select “Disable” in the context menu that opens.
How to disable browser autorun in Autoruns
The free Autoruns program is a powerful tool for managing and controlling startup applications and processes in the Windows operating system. The author of the application is Mark Russinovich, a Microsoft employee.
The program does not require installation on a computer, it is launched from a folder. The application works in English. You can download the Autoruns program from the official Microsoft website.
Read more about using the program in the article about Autoruns on my website.
- Run Autoruns on your computer.
- In the utility window, open the “Logon” tab. Applications that start automatically are displayed here.
- Uncheck the box next to Yandex Browser.
Focus on the application icon, product manufacturer, look at the path to the executable file.
The Scheduled Tasks tab displays scheduled tasks. Inexperienced users here better not need to touch anything.
How to disable Yandex Browser autoload in CCleaner
Many system optimization programs have functionality that can be used to disable applications from autorun. We use the free CCleaner program.
Do the following:
- In the main CCleaner window, open the “Tools” section.
- Enter the Launch tab.
- Select Yandex Browser.
- Click on the “Turn off” button or use the context menu of the right mouse button to do this.
Some users are faced with the automatic launch of Yandex Browser on their computers. The browser window opens on the desktop as soon as Windows boots up. Often this is inconvenient due to the fact that the user needs to solve completely different tasks.
You can use different methods to disable Yandex browser autorun: changing the settings of the program itself, or disabling browser autoload using system tools or third-party applications.