Now I will tell you how to remove tooltips in Google Chrome that appear when you hover your mouse over the title of a site or page in a browser tab. This feature appeared in the Google Chrome browser for the convenience of users.
When a large number of tabs are open in the browser, it is not at all easy to navigate to the desired page of the site due to the fact that it is not always clear which tab contains the required resource. The tab popup feature will help you quickly see the title of the desired web page opened in the tab.
- Tab Tips in Google Chrome Browser
- How to remove tooltips in tabs in Chrome – 1 way
- How to disable tooltips in tabs in Google Chrome – method 2
- How to return the setting with tooltips in browser tabs
- How to add a website page image to the tooltip of an inactive Google Chrome tab
- Article Conclusions
Tab Tips in Google Chrome Browser
When you hover over a tab with the mouse pointer to the site title, a small pop-up window opens with information about this tab: text is displayed with the name of the web page – the main page of the site or the title of an open article on the site, depending on what is open in the user’s browser.
Pop-up windows in tabs that appear when you hover the mouse pointer in the Google Chrome browser are called cards – Tab Hover Cards. In a rough translation, this means: “card on hover in a tab.”
All browsers use tooltips that display the title of a web page when hovering over a tab title. This is a small piece of text: the title of a web page that helps the user understand what is in this tab, especially if there are many tabs open in the browser.
Pop-up cards (tips) replace the old interface element – tips in the Google Chrome browser. In addition to the name of the page opened in this tab, the card (hint) displays the URL address of the site without a protocol (https or http). The card popup is larger than the standard tooltip.
Not all users liked this innovation, so they are looking for an answer to the question of how to remove Chrome tips displayed in browser tabs. It is not difficult to return the previous browser settings.
In this article, you will find instructions on how to disable tooltips that open in Google Chrome browser tabs in two similar ways, as well as how to return the default settings. Additionally, I’ll show you how to add a thumbnail image of the site page to the pop-up cards of an inactive tab.
How to remove tooltips in tabs in Chrome – 1 way
To change the browser settings, we need to enter the hidden settings of the program. Take advantage of Chrome’s experimental settings, go through the following steps:
- In the address bar of the open Google Chrome browser window, type: “chrome://flags”, and then press the “Enter” key.
- The “Experiments” page will open a list of all the experimental features of the browser.
- Find the “Tab Hover Cards” setting, select “Disabled” in the options setting.
- Click on the “Relaunch” button to restart the browser and apply the changed settings.
Pop-up cards with hints in Google Chrome tabs will be disabled. Only the standard tooltips that work when you hover the mouse over the browser tab title will remain.
How to disable tooltips in tabs in Google Chrome – method 2
This method is practically no different from the previous one, the only difference is that the user will be able to quickly open the settings of the desired parameter.
Do the following:
- In the address bar of the browser, enter: “chrome://flags/#tab-hover-cards”, press the “Enter” key.
- The desired parameter will be highlighted in yellow, change the setting there to “Disabled”.
- To change the settings and restart the browser, click on the “Relaunch” button.
How to return the setting with tooltips in browser tabs
If the user wants to return the pop-up windows with tab hints back to the Google Chrome browser, he will need to change the settings of the program again.
You may also be interested in:
- How to save bookmarks in Google Chrome
- Data Saver – Data Saver extension
Go through the following steps:
- Enter in the address bar of the browser: “chrome://flags/#tab-hover-cards”, press the keyboard key “Enter”.
- In the “Tab Hover Cards” setting, turn on the “Default” state.
- Press the “Relaunch” button to restart the browser.
How to add a website page image to the tooltip of an inactive Google Chrome tab
The Google Chrome browser has another interesting experimental setting related to tab cards, which is disabled by default. Enabling this setting will allow the user to see, in an inactive tab, an image of the site in a card (tooltip), along with the web page title and site address.
We need to change the following settings:
- Enter in the address bar of the browser: “chrome://flags/#tab-hover-card-images”, press “Enter”.
- Switch the “Tab Hover Card Images” setting option to “Enabled”.
- Restart your browser using the “Relaunch” button.
- Move the mouse pointer over an inactive tab.
- A pop-up window opens in the browser with the title of the page, the URL of the site, and a thumbnail image of the web page.
I hope that this feature will be useful to many users of the Google Chrome browser.
To disable the “Tab Hover Card Images” option, set the “Default” option, and then restart the browser. Website images will no longer appear in tab tooltips.
In the Google Chrome browser, the usual tab hints that work when you hover over a tab with the mouse cursor have been replaced with pop-up windows with cards (tips). The cards display information about the browser tab and the name of the website. Additionally, it is possible to add a thumbnail image of the contents of an inactive tab to the tooltip (card).
If necessary, the user can disable pop-up cards (tips) for tabs in the browser, leaving only standard prompts.