While working with files of different types, there are situations when the user needs to convert the JPG format to Word. In this case, the JPG file needs to be converted to Word text.
The Word format is a file of the MS Word office application included in the Microsoft Office suite. This is a text document format with extensions: “*.docx” and “*.doc”.
Our task is complicated by the fact that these are two different file types. In one case – a graphic file: image, picture, photograph, drawing, and in the other – a Word document with text content, inserted images or other objects.
Basically, users use two options to insert a JPG file into Word:
- Easily add an image to a document page.
- JPG to Word conversion with OCR.
The first case will not cause any difficulties. The Word program has functionality for adding images to a document by copying / pasting, or using the tools from the “Insert” tab, when you can insert a picture in the “Illustrations” group. As a result, an image will appear in the Word document window.
The second option, on the contrary, is more complicated. Consider a typical situation where users need to convert JPEG to Word.
For example, you have a JPG image, such as a scan or snapshot of a document that has text on it. You need to convert JPG to Word in such a way that you can extract the text content from the image to paste into the Word document. Then you can edit the recognized text as you wish.
In this case, you will need to use OCR (Optical Character Recognition) technology, which allows you to perform optical character recognition on images. After performing this operation, the recognized text can be saved in an editable format document.
We extract the text content from the image and then save it as a Word document file, which we can then edit.
There are two ways to convert between these formats:
- Convert JPG to Word online.
- Convert JPG to Word using a program on your computer.
In this article, you will learn how to recognize text from JPG to Word using a program installed on a PC or using a web application on the Internet. In the second case, you will need to upload the image to an online service that will perform all the necessary operations without using the resources of your device.
The instructions have selected resources that can convert JPG to Word online with text recognition, performing their functions without restrictions and registrations.
How to Convert JPG to Word Online with Google Docs
The Google Docs online service is part of the Google Drive cloud storage, which all Gmail users have access to. There you can save JPEG to Word using the built-in tools.
Go through a few steps:
- Add the image file to Google Drive cloud storage.
- Click on the “Create” button.
- In the menu that opens, select “Upload Files” to add the image to the “cloud”
- Right click on a file in Google Drive.
- From the context menu, first select “Open With” and then “Google Docs”.
- After recognition, a page will open in the Google Documents window, on which you will see the original image at the top, and the recognized text at the bottom.
- Delete the image in the editor window. Format the text if the letters in the text have different font sizes. Edit if there are inaccuracies in the text.
- Click on the “File” menu.
- From the drop-down menu, select “Download” and then “Microsoft Word (DOCX)”.
Open a Word document on your computer to see the result of your work.
How to recognize JPG in Word using ABBYY FineReader
ABBYY FineReader is a program designed to recognize characters in images in order to further convert them into electronic document format. This is a paid application developed by the Russian company ABBYY.
With the help of the program, you can convert JPG to Word or perform other necessary operations.
Do the following:
- Launch Abby FineReader on your computer.
- In the ABBYY FineReader PDF window, click the Open tab.
- Click the “Convert to Microsoft Word” button
- Select a JPG (JPEG) file on your computer.
- In the new window of the program, make sure that the formatting option is set to Editable Copy by default and that the correct language for recognition is selected.
- Click on the “Convert to Word” button.
- Choose a location to save the file.
- After the JPG to Word conversion is completed, the recognized content will open in a Word document window.
JPG recognition in Word on Aspose
Aspose.app is an online service where you can perform JPG recognition in Word online for free. In addition, there are other useful tools here.
Do the following:
- Go to the JPG to Word Converter page at: https://products.aspose.app/words/en/conversion/jpg-to-word .
- Select JPG files from your computer or drag and drop them with your mouse.
Please note that the “Use OCR” item is activated on the page, the Russian language for recognition is selected and the “Save as DOCX” option is set.
- Click on the “Convert” button.
- It takes some time to process the file on the remote server.
- Click on the “Download” button to download it to your PC or send it to the addressee by email.
How to recognize JPG in Word online for free at Online-Convert.com
Online-Convert.com has an online JPG to Word converter, as well as many other converters for different file types.
To convert JPG to Word online, do the following:
- Go to the Online-Convert.com website page: https://document.online-convert.com/ru/convert/jpg-to-docx .
- Click on the “Select Files” button to add an image from your device, enter a URL, upload an image from Dropbox or Google Drive cloud storage.
- Go to the “Advanced settings” section.
- Check the box next to Optical Text Recognition.
- Select the text language. If the text contains words in another language, set the 2nd original language for more accurate recognition.
- Click on the “Start Converting” button.
- The finished file in DOCX format can be downloaded as a regular file, in a ZIP archive, or uploaded to the cloud.
How to Convert JPG to Word Text on Free Online OCR
On the Free Online OCR service, you can convert a JPG file to Word online for free. This is a specialized free OCR service.
Go through the steps:
- Open the Free Online OCR website page: https://www.newocr.com/ .
- In the “Select your file” item, click on the “Browse …” button to upload a file from your device.
- Click on Preview.
- The web application has determined the source language, click on the “OCR” button.
If the image has several columns of text, activate the “Page layout analysis – split multi-column into columns” item to increase the accuracy of the upcoming operation.
- After conversion, a special form with recognized text will appear at the bottom of the page.
You can immediately make changes to the text or finish editing in a saved document.
- Click on the “Download” button, select “Microsoft Word (DOC)”.
If the user is faced with the task of translating the test on the image into an office document format, we convert JPG to Word. To solve the problem, you will need to use OCR technology in a local application or on a website. You can convert text from JPG to Word online on the Internet or with a program on your computer.