How to change the audio format online – 5 services
In some situations, the user may need to change the audio format online to convert the original audio file to another audio format. Many users like to listen to music on their devices that is saved in various audio formats.
Music or other audio materials, such as an audiobook or an educational podcast, interact with the user on different types of devices: computer, mobile phone, or tablet. Depending on the operating system and codecs used, some types of audio files may not be supported on this device or on any installed software.
This means that you will not be able to start playing such an audio file saved in a specific format. You need to convert the original audio format to another audio format supported by your device.
In total, a large number of audio formats have been created, but in most cases, the most popular formats are encountered by users: MP3, WAV, OGG, FLAC, M4A, AAC, WMA, AC3. Some virtually universal formats, such as MP3, are supported on almost all devices.
Conversion to a specific audio format may be needed for use in an application to play media files.
What to do if the user encounters a little-known audio format? To solve the problem with audio formats, we need an online audio converter – convert audio to another format.
Specialized applications will help solve the problem of converting audio files:
- An audio converter is a program installed on a computer.
- Online Audio Converter is a web service on the Internet.
In the first case, the application installed on the PC is used. It can be a specialized audio converter, an audio editor, or a universal application for converting between different types of media files.
The second option involves using a web application on the Internet on a remote server. In this case, you do not need a specialized program, because the online service can be used in a browser from any device. To change the audio format online, you only need Internet access.
This method has its advantages:
- When processing an audio file using the web application, no computer resources are used.
- The service is always available from a PC, phone or tablet to convert audio to another format online.
Changing the audio format online takes place in three stages:
- Uploading an audio file from your device or from another resource on the Internet to a remote service.
- Select the desired format and perform the conversion of the original audio.
- Download the finished audio file to your device.
This article introduces online audio converters with which you can change the audio file format for free, without using any software on your computer.
123apps – Audio Converter Online Free
The web application service 123apps.com has a specialized tool – Audio Converter Online. Various applications for working with media, text and graphic files are available on this resource.
The website supports batch conversion, after which, the converted files can be downloaded to a PC in a ZIP archive.
To translate the audio format online, do the following:
- Go to the 123apps.com service page .
- Click on the “Open Files” button to add an audio file from your computer, or use another option – download from Google Drive, Dropbox, or URL.
- In the second step, select the desired audio format.
The web application supports converting the source file to the following formats: “mp3”, “wav”, “iPhone” (m4k), “m4a”, “ogg”, “mp2”, “amr”. Select the appropriate quality, for example, for MP3, the following options are available: “Economy” (64 kbps), “Standard” (128 kbps), “Good” (192 kbps), “Best” (320 kbps).
If you click on the “Advanced” button, more subtle settings used during encoding will become available.
After clicking on the “Track Information” button, data about this audio file will be displayed. In the corresponding fields, you can add additional information or change the existing one, and in the “Comment” field, write your comment on this track.
- Click on the “Convert” button.
- The finished file can be downloaded to a computer or sent to the “clouds” Google Drive or Dropbox.
Online audio file converter at Comvertio.co
Convertio.co is an online service for converting multimedia, text and image files. This website supports a large number of file formats.
On the service without registration, you can use files up to 100 MB in size. There is support for batch processing, but you can only convert two files at a time for free.
Do the following:
- Open the Online Audio Converter page .
- Upload a file from your computer, drag it to a special form, add it from Dropbox, Google Drive or via a link from the Internet.
- Select the required audio format.
The following output audio file formats are available on Convertio.co: MP3, WAV, OGG, FLAC, M4A, GSM, WMA, AIFF, AAC, M4R, WV, 8SVX, AMR, CAF, SLN, AU, OPUS, VOX, SND, RA , CDDA, AC3, VOC, MP2, DTS, SPX, M64, TTA, OGA, PVF, PRC, MAUD, AMB, SNDR, SNDT, AVR, CVS, CVSD, CVU, DVMS, VMS, FAP, PAF, FSSD, SOU , GSRT, HCOM, HTK, IMA, IRCAM, SPH, NIST, SMP.
- Click on the “Convert” button.
- Download the audio file in the new format to your PC.
On the Convertio.co service, files are stored for 24 hours after processing is completed before they are deleted.
How to change audio format to MP3 in Zamzar
Zamzar is a well-known service designed to convert various file formats, including multimedia data.
When converting audio files on Zamzar, popular output audio formats are supported: AAC, AC3, FLAC, M4R, M4A, MP3, MP4, OGG, WAV, WMA. The maximum available audio file size is 50 MB.
Go through the following steps:
- Sign in to the Zamzar website .
- Click the “Add Files…” button, drag and drop files here, or add them via a link.
- Click the arrow next to the “Convert To” button to select the appropriate audio format.
- Click the “Convert Now” button to start the file conversion process.
After the conversion is completed, download the file to your device, or receive a link to the finished file by email. The finished file is stored on the service for 24 hours.
Audio format translation online at Online-convert.com
Online-convert.com is a service for converting media files on the Internet. The pages of the site support converting between different types of files.
Do the following:
- On the page https://audio.online-convert.com/ru , select the desired tool, for example, an online mp3 audio converter – “Convert audio files to MP3”.
- Drag the file to the special area, enter the URL, add it from the clouds Dropbox, Google Drive, select using the audio button from the computer.
The online service has additional settings with which you can change the initial bitrate, sample rate, audio channels, trim the file, normalize the sound, or remove the cover art.
- Click the “Start Converting” button.
- Upload the processed file to the cloud, download it to your PC as a file or in a ZIP archive.
Change audio format online at Online-converting.ru
The free online converter at Online-converting.ru provides audio converter services. The website converts to popular audio formats, and automatically transfers tags from the source file.
You will need to go through several steps:
- Go to the page of the service “Online Audio Converter” .
- You need to click on the “Select audio or video files” button or drag files to a special area.
- Next, you need to select the desired audio format.
Output file formats: AAC, AC3, AIFF, ARM, AU, DTS, FLAC, M4A, MKA, MP3, OGG, OPUS, RA, WAV, WMA.
This web page has settings for quality, sample rate, number of channels, and normalization.
- With default settings, the conversion process starts immediately after the file is uploaded to the service.
When listening to music on a PC or other device, users encounter audio files of various formats. Some sound formats may not be supported by this device or specific software. This format must be converted to another file format.
The user does not always have the opportunity to use the program on the computer to convert between suitable formats. In this case, you need to use an online audio converter to convert audio files using a web application on the Internet.