- 0x800F0906 – initial documents not found or not loaded. The error also occurs due to the fact that Windows is not connected to the network to download files.
- 0x800F081F – means that Windows did not find the original documents.
Often these errors occur due to several Windows updates, they, in turn, are responsible for the security system of the Net Framework 3.5 application.
Let’s delete them from your computer.
- To uninstall, go to the “Control Panel”
- Click the Programs and Features icon
- Then click “View installed updates” on the sidebar on the left.
- Next, scroll through the list, find the following files:
- Click “Delete” on the found items.
Updates are removed using the command line. Open the “Start” menu, enter “Command Prompt”, right-click on it and run it under admin rights. We enter the commands written below one by one, and after each press Enter:
- wusa.exe / uninstall / kb: KB2966828
- wusa.exe / uninstall / kb: KB2966827
- wusa.exe / uninstall / kb: KB2966826
After removing the updates, reinstall .NET Framework 3.5 on your computer, this time there will be no problems. The launch of “Windows Update” also helps. Everything is simple here, open “Start”, and enter “Panel”, then put “view: small icons”, open “Administrative Tools”, “Services”, find the Windows update center and turn it on. If this method did not fix the problems, see the full troubleshooting guide below.
Check the connected components
- Let’s open the “Control Panel”.
- Then – “Programs”.
- We click on the list of components and run.
- Next, look for the function of disabling Windows components in the side panel on the left.
- We are looking for Framework 3.5 in the list and put a checkmark in front of it and its two sub-items.
- Click on “Ok”
- Windows will now download and install NetFramework.
Third party images
Find the Windows installation file on some media, insert, for example, a flash card into the slot, open the command line using administrator rights and write:
- Dism / online / enable-feature / featurename: NetFx3 / All / Source: drive: sourcessxs / LimitAccess
If the problem persists, contact Microsoft support
or reinstall Windows.