This article describes an easy way to troubleshoot a “0XC004F074” error code. While running Windows 8, users try to apply a 25-character product key, but they receive a warning: “Error code: 0xC004F074”.
You can fix this problem by following the steps given below:
- To go to startup, press Windows + R, type “cmd”.
- Enter the 25-character product key “slmgr.vbs -ipk xxxxx-xxxxx-” into the text line, press the “Enter” button.
- Type the combination “slmgr.vbs -ato”, then Enter.
- If the program still gives an error, enter the combination “Slui 3” into the text line, you will see a window where you must enter a personal product key of 25 characters.
- Click “Activate” Click “Start”, type in the search – “cmd”.
- Using the context menu, run the command handler as administrator.
- Then run the command “sfc / scannow” -> click “Enter”.
- After rebooting, your Windows 8 will work properly.
We advise you to download the update
… This extension will help manage keys (KMS) for Windows Vista, Windows Server 2008, Windows7 / 8, Windows Server 2008 R2, Windows Server 2012, Windows 8.1 Volume Licensing and Windows Server 2012 R2.