Error 1935 when installing Microsoft Office 2010 or 2007
Error 1935 is, unfortunately, a very common problem for office users. If the installation or unpacking of components has failed. The main reason is that the NET Framework is missing or damaged on the PC.
How to fix the problem
If you see the message “Error 1935. An error occurred during the installation of an assembly component” when you install Office 2010 or 2007 or one of the standalone products such as Excel, restart your PC. If the issue still occurs after restarting your computer, try the following other methods to resolve the issue. Let’s describe simple and effective methods. They usually receive the least attention.
Check your protection against unwanted software
Avast antivirus (or any other antivirus program) usually blocks the installation of new software. Suspend it temporarily. Disable reporting and office updates.
Reinstall the Framework
- Log in to the control panel.
- Select Programs and Features.
- Find Framework.
- Execute “Uninstall a program”.
- Download the latest web installer package from the official Microsoft portal.
- Install it according to the instructions.
- Reboot your computer.
Error 1935 occurs when installing Office 2010 Service Pack 2 (SP2). Office 2010 includes .NET programming support, so this error is caused by a conflict between Windows Installer (msiexec.exe) and Windows Search (SearchIndexer.exe) or another module. This conflict occurs when copying an assembly file. In addition, other updates, such as a hotfix for Microsoft .NET Framework components, can cause the error. Eliminate it in one of the ways below.
- Retry the installation of Office 2010 SP2.
- Stop Windows Search service and start Office 2010 SP2.
Here’s how to stop the Windows Search service:
- Click Start.
- Type services.msc in the Find programs and files box.
- In the list of services, click Windows Search and click Stop.
- Perform a clean start of your computer and start Office SP2.
- Install all updates available in Windows Update and run Office 2010 Service Pack 2 (SP2).
I hope we helped you find and fix the error. If this does not happen, contact a specialist for help.