Driver Booster – Update drivers on your pc
IObit Driver Booster is a program for installing and updating drivers on a computer. Driver Booster detects the need to install or update outdated drivers, downloads drivers from the Internet, and then updates the software.
Drivers are needed for the normal operation of computer hardware. With the help of drivers, the hardware is configured for the normal operation of the devices, and the software in the operating system gains access to the PC hardware components for interaction.
The Windows operating system includes some of the drivers that are installed when you install Windows on your computer. This is done so that the computer can immediately work in normal mode, without additional user action.
Some drivers need to be updated, over time there are fixes or optimized versions that should be installed to replace outdated software. There are several ways to update drivers:
- updating the driver directly from the Windows operating system through the Device Manager;
- downloading the driver from the website of the device manufacturer (laptop, motherboard, video card, etc.), and then installing the driver on your computer yourself;
- updating and automatic installation of drivers using a specialized program.
The first two methods are not always applicable, for some reason, for example, the brand of the laptop is unknown, because of this it is not clear where to look for the necessary drivers. In this case, you can use programs designed to search for and automatically install drivers.
The IObit Driver Booster program is developed by the well-known Chinese company IObit. The application has two versions: free Driver Booster Free and paid Driver Booster Pro.
The main features of the IObit Driver Booster program:
- updating drivers;
- batch update drivers;
- installing only certified stable versions of drivers;
- automatic check and installation of driver updates in one click;
- tweaking drivers for better performance in games;
- a large database of drivers available online;
- availability of additional tools for system optimization.
Driver Booster works in Russian on Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP operating systems. The user can use the free version of the program, if you need a paid version, it can be unlocked in the application window after purchasing and entering the license key.
To work in the IObit Driver Booster program, you must have an Internet connection. This is necessary to access online driver databases located on the company’s server, and then to download drivers from device manufacturers’ websites.
Finding outdated drivers in IObit Driver Booster
Immediately after launch, the Driver Booster program scans the computer to identify devices, look for installed or missing drivers. After the scan is completed, the program window will open in the “Update” tab, with information about the number of outdated device drivers that need to be updated.
First, drivers are displayed, collected in a group called “Outdated”, they must be updated to the current state. Drivers that do not need to be updated are placed in the Latest group.
Additional tools in IObit Driver Booster
In addition to the main function of using the application, from the tabs of the main program window, you can access tools for optimizing your computer, improving performance in games, and fixing errors when devices work.
There are two tools in the “Speed up” tab: “Speed up the game” and “Optimize the system”.
Enabling the setting to speed up the game will stop unnecessary applications to improve the gaming experience. Click on the “Configuration” link for details on what can be disabled to improve performance.
To optimize the system, they will offer to install the IObit Advanced SystemCare program, a powerful application for optimizing your computer.
The “Tools” tab contains tools for correcting errors in the operation of devices and obtaining information about the system:
- Rescue Center – back up drivers (available in the Pro version), restore drivers from backups, restore the system from backup Windows restore points.
- Fix No Audio – Fix audio issues.
- Fix device error (works in Pro version) – accelerated driver loading, autoload, backup and restore, extended database of drivers and recognized devices.
- Fix Network Error – Fix network device errors.
- Fix bad resolution – fix issues with incorrect screen resolution.
- Clear Disabled Device Data – Clears data from disabled devices (this feature does not remove drivers).
- System information – General information about the system and computer hardware.
In the “Action Center” tab, it is proposed to install software developed by IObit on the computer, as well as applications from some other partners.
IObit Driver Booster settings
To enter the IObit Driver Booster settings, use the program icon, which is hidden in the notification area. Right-click on the application icon, and select “Settings …” from the context menu.
The “Settings” window contains several tabs for changing the parameters of the IObit Driver Booster program.
In the “General” tab, you can configure Driver Booster launch options and select the appropriate application interface.
The “Check” tab contains options for configuring the parameters for checking device drivers.
From the “Drivers” tab, settings are configured with which you can select a location for downloading driver installers, select a location for storing backups, configure the order in which driver installers are automatically backed up and uninstalled.
In the “Ignored” tab, you need to add devices for which you should not search for and install updates. The program will not search for updates for these devices.
The “Network” tab contains options for setting up a network, choosing a method for connecting the program to access the Internet.
Update drivers in IObit Driver Booster
Before you update your drivers with Driver Booster, check out the information about available device updates.
The user can immediately update all the proposed drivers with one click of the mouse. To do this, click on the “Update Now” button.
You can update only some drivers by leaving the checkboxes next to the corresponding devices.
It is possible to update one driver. Check the box next to the desired device, and then click on the “Update” button.
After clicking on the arrow next to the “Update” button, several additional options will become available to perform the necessary action with this device.
Do the following:
- After selecting the type of driver update, click on the “Update now” button, or on the “Update” button for the corresponding device.
- In the “Installation Tips” window, read the information about how to update drivers, and then click the “OK” button.
- The program will create a system restore point, and then the driver will be installed on the computer. First, the driver will be downloaded to the PC, and then installed into the Windows operating system.
- After the update is completed, the program window will display the message “Update completed”. Close the program window, it has done its job.
The IObit Driver Booster program is designed to update drivers on your computer. The application will scan and detect devices on the PC, display information about available updates for device drivers and game components. Install the necessary drivers in the Windows operating system in the Driver Booster program.