Black bars on the screen in video games on Windows 10
Some Windows 10 users are faced with the problem of appearing edging on both sides of the screen. It is noteworthy that black stripes on the screen in video games appear both at the top and bottom, as well as on the sides. In the article:
- Reasons for the appearance.
- Solutions to the problem.
Black bars on the screen:
Reasons for the appearance
Edges arise in Win10 users for a number of factors, for example:
- Using a non-native permission.
- Failure of graphics settings inside the video game.
- Failed graphics card configuration.
- Outdated graphics driver.
Solutions to the problem
The Internet is replete with all sorts of methods for fixing a dead permit, we have chosen several of the most optimal ones:
- Change display resolution.
- Setting up a graphical setup in a video game.
- Fix for Nvidia graphics card crash.
- Software Update.
- Ctrl + Alt + F11.
Change display resolution
Modern laptops use two types of screen formats – 4: 3 and 18: 6. We strongly recommend that you do not change the original aspect ratio, even though your computer has this option.
- To check the aspect ratio, right-click on the desktop and click on Desktop Settings from the drop-down menu.
- Choose the recommended resolution and screen orientation.
- Confirm the changes.
- Try to launch the game.
Setting up the graphical setup of the game
Optionally, the sideband issue appears due to the default graphics settings in the game.
- In the game, go to settings.
- Go to the graphics section.
- Set the resolution to match your monitor.
- Restart the video game.
Fix for Nvidia Graphics Card Crash
Sometimes after the update, some of the checkboxes set in the control panel by the graphics adapter fly off. The problem is repaired in the following way:
- Go to the video card control panel.
- Go to the configuration of the size and position of the desktop.
- Check the box next to override the scaling mode set by games and programs.
- Click Apply.
It is extremely rare that outdated vidyahi drivers are the source of edging. To update, go to your graphics adapter control panel (or website) and install the latest software.
Ctrl + Alt + F11
As an alternative to the above methods, users suggest using the Ctrl, Alt and F11 key combination while the game is running. Gamers argue that often the method works and the border on the display disappears.